Closed Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Why do we have to work? Because we don't get one cent of assistance from the government, we pay full cost for everything, no rent assistance, no utilities assistance, no health care card, nothing, because we want to put a roof over our children's head and hopefully one day own our own home so we have something to leave our children when we die, so that we can give them the best chance at a good education & perhaps they will be in a better position when they are adults, we want to give them the best we possibly can and we understand to do that we have to work hard, pay our taxes, pay for people who bludge (and people who fall on tough times) so that once everyone else has dipped into our wages and taken their bit of our hard earned money we can have enough left over to do the best for our kids and hey hopefully we'll set a good example that hard work and persistence pays off in life and our children won't fall into the "welfare trap".

Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?

I also resent paying for those that keep having child after child knowing they can't support them. Lots of us don't or have a limit on the number of children we have because that is all we can support.
    Wow.... Just wow.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),RobinSparkles  (30-11-2012)

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do we have to work? Because we don't get one cent of assistance from the government, we pay full cost for everything, no rent assistance, no utilities assistance, no health care card, nothing, because we want to put a roof over our children's head and hopefully one day own our own home so we have something to leave our children when we die, so that we can give them the best chance at a good education & perhaps they will be in a better position when they are adults, we want to give them the best we possibly can and we understand to do that we have to work hard, pay our taxes, pay for people who bludge (and people who fall on tough times) so that once everyone else has dipped into our wages and taken their bit of our hard earned money we can have enough left over to do the best for our kids and hey hopefully we'll set a good example that hard work and persistence pays off in life and our children won't fall into the "welfare trap".

Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?

I also resent paying for those that keep having child after child knowing they can't support them. Lots of us don't or have a limit on the number of children we have because that is all we can support.
    Its part of living in a civilized, compassionate society.

Living on welfare is nothing to be jealous of. The welfare population are mostly our society's undereducated, marginalized, underpriviledged people living in near or actual poverty.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlayNice For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post

Right now parents get 6-8 years at home to raise the kids. Thats a lot longer than the 2 years.

So is there a reason that parents cant get a degree in the 6-8 years that they are allowed to stay home? I understand that every parent prob wants to stay home and raise the kids but when life happens it cant always happen if you find that one parents income cant hold the family up you may have to go to work if you find yourself single you may have to go to work. Life doesn't always go the way we want but that doesn't mean we attack the government for not providing enough they do what they can do. I do think CC needs a rework but they are working on that.
    What's the rework on CC you keep mentioning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Wow.... Just wow.
    That one has me stumped, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I wonder what Lillitheo would do if her husband left her and she had no support to assist her with her kids.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Lol bit of a subject change, thats wht i get for not reading al the way through

Sent from my XT320 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Wow.... Just wow.
    Yep this is about all I could muster for such an arrogant and insensitive reply,
    Lilly I hope if you ever find yourself in the situation that your relationship 'doesn't work out' someone says the exact same nasty, bitter and spiteful words back to you.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

People even questioning why we have to work blows my mind.

What's the alternative? Sit back and scrape an existence on Government benefits? What a great example to set our kids!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (30-11-2012),Mummajugs28  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    You don't see too many people forgoing their middle class welfare on the basis of moral high ground, and the way people bang on about new start & the pension etc you would think their righteous views would prevent them from accepting such 'handouts'.
    Touche no, not a lot of people are forgoing their BB, FTB and other payments bc it's costing the tax payer lol

LMF - Have you done a degree? it's really hard work, with a huge time committment, classes, placements, exams, endless assignments. You expect a single mum with tiny kids to be studying??

Should SAHP's that are partnered be studying too? since many get FTB they could be considered a burden too. Maybe parents staying home should be studying with babies? I mean they have plenty of time.... since they have so much time maybe a casual or part time job as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?.
    This part here especially shows me you don't know much about people's individual stories. Some on single parenting payments had the father of their children pass away. Some have been abused. Some were downright unhappy.

why should the government pay them to be able to live in a home and eat? Because we aren't like other animals. We don't let our weak and vulnerable starve to death.

Like you, I do not qualify for FTB or a health care card etc due to household income. do you know what we are? ......lucky.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (30-11-2012),atomicmama  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),shelle65  (30-11-2012),ToonZie  (01-12-2012)