Closed Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    McDonalds is always hiring. Very few people don't live near a maccas.
    Except when they reject your application every 3 months for 2 years, even rejecting it AFTER you do work experience and the place says you were a good worker ...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I don't want MY tax dollars ensuring that student doctors actually attend their classes and do their homework They should be working! They can just learn from their mistakes once they're qualified and earning an income and paying TAX!
    Lol we always have to be dramatic on the hub!

PS they better get used to it, my doctor friend works day and night and extremely long shifts!
    Last edited by sunnyd; 30-11-2012 at 17:27.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyd For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

It is good to hear that you do not have a problem with cash in hand work...income is income...not sure mowing or baby sitting counts as a hobby though...not sure Centrelink would feel the same.

But it's good that you are aware of the legislation...

Compassion, understanding and insight cannot be engendered through legislation... That's all I need to say....I should have just said that the first time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Except when they reject your application every 3 months for 2 years, even rejecting it AFTER you do work experience and the place says you were a good worker ...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    Yep...good luck getting work at Maccas if you are over 18!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (30-11-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    My Dh was out of work for 6 months - recovering from surgery. He did not qualify for newstart/disability. F u government. They said we had too many assets. Assets that were impossible to sell during the GFC.
    My brother had a similar problem. The only payment he qualified for when he had cancer was Newstart. Centrelink's argument was that he could look for work between chemo sessions. I'm sure he would have been a really attractive employee prospect; no hair from chemo, sick as a dog and not sure if he was actually going to live.

Something is broken with the current system.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Well personally I would prefer it if the student doctor assisting with my operation didn't have to do a graveyard shift at McDonald's last night just to be able to get through uni...
    Yes, better to support students throughout their study rather than offer assistance for only part of it, which would mean it was a total waste to begin with for many students as 1. They'd have to leave study, and 2. They will be unemployable in their field due to not having completed their study!

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Compassion, understanding and insight cannot be engendered through legislation...

True dat.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just wanted to quietly say that I really think we need to invest in the mother (be it single or partnered) staying home for at least the first 2 years if that means giving financial assistance then so be it. It would do well to increase our breastfeeding rates which would improve the financial demand on our hospitals etc. Once the youngest child reaches school age I do think the SAHP should return to work BUT we need to sort out things like work hours, CC, yadda yadda for some at the moment it is nearly impossible. I know some mining towns are hiring SAHM during school hours to cover workers breaks, it's an awesome scheme which serves both the company and the parents that want school hour jobs. I just wish there were more of them around.

I think adding $50 a week to increase the dole is in line with the costs of living at the moment, for sure. We have struggled when hubby was made redundant a few years ago we were on newstart and PPP (included FTB and rent assistance) it was a nightmare we had to consolidate our debt to survive (a part 9 debt agreement which has killed my credit rating)- to be able to buy food and pay rent and to cover energy bills. I also think that if people cut down on buying things in credit it would make things easier should hard times hit, learnt this the hard way myself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    My brother had a similar problem. The only payment he qualified for when he had cancer was Newstart. Centrelink's argument was that he could look for work between chemo sessions. I'm sure he would have been a really attractive employee prospect; no hair from chemo, sick as a dog and not sure if he was actually going to live.

Something is broken with the current system.
    He should have been able to get a temporary disability pension and the his partner should have been able to get a carers pension!