Closed Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    not aimed at anyone in particular Grebecci
    i have just read a few times in this thread the good ol "my money" catch cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Grebecci - you most certainly deserve the PPL you will be getting and any FTB you receive. As I said, I support payments like PPL and child care rebate. What I'm saying is that some of the most vocal members that are against welfare support for really low income people actually get a decent amount themselves, and are earning a lot more. So really have no basis to be begrudging a single mum $800-900 a fortnight when they are getting sometimes not far off that amount and earn tens of thousands more.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012),ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post

I really detest people who are working 2,3 or more jobs *****ing about people without one
    Perhaps if you only had ONE job or gave one of yours to someone without work there would be less unemployment

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    Are you actually kidding me?! So because I spent weeks traipsing around shopping centers handing out CVs etc and had to work 2 jobs just to survive so I didn't have to claim benefits it's now MY fault that people don't have jobs. Good lord. There are jobs out there if you aren't fussy. I did telemarketing when I got desperate and handed out leaflets door to door. If all those people working more than one job gave them up then there would be even more people claiming!

Tbh get a job, don't get a job. Do what you like. If you are happy to do menial work it is available (even to those people with degrees, yes I had 1). Just stop whining. I understand that people have to claim for short periods to get back on their feet and yes I think that it should be increased for those people. But as time drags on, unless you can PROVE you are actively looking for work, it should be reduced. The idea is not for dole to be preferable to work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    unless you can PROVE you are actively looking for work, it should be reduced.
    That is actually the current requirement for newstart. If you don't do certain job seeking activities every week then you lose your payment. It is actually quite an involved process and would be very difficult to forge the required documentation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

I worked 2-3 jobs for a while, 4 at one point, because I couldn't get enough hours in anyone one place so I did a few hours here and there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Serious question Delirium, 'cause I'm actually interested, but how do they do it, because my hubby isn't on super high pay and yet if I was to not go back to work next year after PPL runs out then we would be lucky to get $100/fn in FTB.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    That is actually the current requirement for newstart. If you don't do certain job seeking activities every week then you lose your payment. It is actually quite an involved process and would be very difficult to forge the required documentation.
    Have to laugh, because of what I have been dealing with for the last 3 months with Centrelink. Even if you are doing the required activities and providing all the detailed documentation, they can still cut off payments.

Just received a letter this arvo saying they couldn't assess a payment that I should have been receiving for the last 3 months because I didn't send the review form back. I received the review form 2 weeks ago and it had completely wrong information on it. I rang them (this was the 2nd hour long phone call added to the two hour long face to face interviews about said payment) straight away to discuss it. I was told I should have been receiving the payment and it should all be sorted. I specifically asked what to do about the form and was told 'don't send it in'.

It's absolutely comical.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Have to laugh, because of what I have been dealing with for the last 3 months with Centrelink. Even if you are doing the required activities and providing all the detailed documentation, they can still cut off payments.

Just received a letter this arvo saying they couldn't assess a payment that I should have been receiving for the last 3 months because I didn't send the review form back. I received the review form 2 weeks ago and it had completely wrong information on it. I rang them (this was the 2nd hour long phone call added to the two hour long face to face interviews about said payment) straight away to discuss it. I was told I should have been receiving the payment and it should all be sorted. I specifically asked what to do about the form and was told 'don't send it in'.

It's absolutely comical.
    Unfortunately it always seems that the ones who ARE doing the right things and trying to get forms done correctly etc. are the ones that have problems. The ones who are really not looking for work, and are just bludging, seem to always slip under the radar undetected.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (30-11-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Unfortunately it always seems that the ones who ARE doing the right things and trying to get forms done correctly etc. are the ones that have problems. The ones who are really not looking for work, and are just bludging, seem to always slip under the radar undetected.
    Yep I just don't understand how they manage to get away with it.

The 'transition' from PPS to Newstart was actually all payments completely cut off for a month. That was fun.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

[QUOTE]DH got a second job, I was doing cash work on the side etc. if DH could get two jobs (one was delivering food, the other was a desk job) how can people sit on the dole for years claiming they needn't found anything. I also claim bull****[/QUOTES]

Mummajugs28....
    It seems like you're suggesting that there are people out there who are rorting the system, that is, getting Centrelink benefits for job seeking without looking for work....

Yet you also say you have picked up cash in hand work...hmm.

Did you pay tax on that? If not, is this not rorting the system?

Does this not suggest that you are a hypocrite?

I realise this sounds harsh but it just seems like people are so quick to offer judgement on another person without assessing all of the intricacies and complexities at play...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Albert01; 30-11-2012 at 15:30.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012)