Closed Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Ive been on the dole, and as hard as it was to find a job, i dont think it should be increased, its not suppose to b for you to live on, its suppose to be set at an amount where pay to work is more desirable so u get job, i think the age pension should be increased, these are people who have probbly worked their entire life, they deserve abit more

Sent from my XT320 using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjpbd For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (30-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Spot on!

Everyone's set of circumstances are different. What one person can do, another cannot. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Compassion, understanding and empathy people.
    I think they do understand and I think that exceptions should be made for those really hard off, and there should be some very strict guild lines but it cant be the case that every parent cant do this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot on!

Everyone's set of circumstances are different. What one person can do, another cannot. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Seems people are too busy criticising others that compassion, understanding and empathy go out the window .

Single parents pay tax as well. Some payments are taxed. If they are working then a percentage of the money is also paid as tax.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot on!

Aren't we discussing if some payments should be increased? Talking about everyone's different circumstances and opinions is a way of understanding the associated problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Aren't we discussing if some payments should be increased? Talking about everyone's different circumstances and opinions is a way of understanding the associated problems.
    Sure. Talking about people's circumstances helps to give a better understanding. It also seems to give some the ammunition they need to feel a bit more superior and put on their Judgy McJudge pants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    This opinion might not be that popular here - but I do think that several of the 'middle class welfare' type payments need to be reviewed as there are many, many people who receive welfare who do not actually need it to survive. Thats not to say its not helpful, just that its not necessary and with limited resources, I would rather the bigger portion of the welfare pool go to those who are living below the poverty line.
    Firstly, I'll clearly say I support middle class help. It means mum can return to work for herself and the family and not lose all her wages. it means a family get some help when a baby is born. Middle income families get FTB help with the cost of living and to keep their heads above water.

But really, it's a bit rich when people criciticise people for getting next to nothing to live, pay bills and raise kids, while they are getting money they don't really 'need'; and when I say need I mean they aren't going to be homeless or starving without it. So essentially the begrudge the poorest, while taking money themselves on triple or quadruple in the income. Comes off really hypocritical.

Enjoy your BB, your child care rebate and don't feel you need to justify. but stop ragging on single mums and people on newstart Otherwise is pot... meet kettle

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),shelle65  (30-11-2012),ToonZie  (01-12-2012),wrena  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    You like getting personal dont ya so here:

Its ok for my husband to stay home and raise the kids yes, as far as assistance if your referring to the Baby bonus sure, its a bonus he was offered it he took it, I am sure that I will pay back the bonus in taxes in no time. Would it be ok for him to stay home if we had to take parenting payments etc to survive, no I don't think it would.

Children of single parents have to go without some things, I know this as I was raised by a single mother, who worked, went to school full time and raised 3 kids with no support from father or government. We did get free medical insurance though. She left an abusive relationship and when they got a divorce she got a car that didn't work and 3 kids. He took everything else.

Did I have to go without having a stay at home mom? Yes did I think its unfair? No it was just how it was. I am so very proud of my mom and everything she did for us kids.

She went from being a stay at home mom with no job, no training, to a single mom who worked her butt off and got a Masters degree and a good job running the Health and Welfare Department for California.

Sure I missed out on coming home to baked brownies and milk, I had to do my homework on my own until she got home, I had to help a bit more around the house than my friends it was just life with a single mom, I didn't dislike it nor was I envious of kids with a stay at home mom, mine couldn't be one and I knew she had to work would she rather have stayed home and played with us kids prob but she couldn't that was her reality.
    So you don't get any family tax? What assistance does your husband get from the government?

I'm not trying to get personal, but you seem to think it's ok for your kids to have a parent at home, but not children of single parents. Fairly hypocritical!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    So you don't get any family tax? What assistance does your husband get from the government?

I'm not trying to get personal, but you seem to think it's ok for your kids to have a parent at home, but not children of single parents. Fairly hypocritical!

My husband gets medical insurance as do my kids and he got baby bonus which is over now. So what is it you think is right to allow every family a parent at home? Until when the kids are grown? Sometimes we cant have what we want its just life. I also don't think that people who are married should be exempt from rules they are getting changes too, this thread was just about the single ones but partnered are getting changes too.
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 30-11-2012 at 12:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    My husband gets medical insurance as do my kids and he got baby bonus which is over now.
    Doesn't he also get FTB? I thought you said ages ago CL said he was entitled to FTB? not being rude, just wondering. But I think what BigRed is saying is that your family has received payments from the govt, while he stays home. Yet you don't believe single parents should get that opportunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Doesn't he also get FTB? I thought you said ages ago CL said he was entitled to FTB? not being rude, just wondering. But I think what BigRed is saying is that your family has received payments from the govt, while he stays home. Yet you don't believe single parents should get that opportunity.
    No we didnt take them. So yes we got the BB all I am saying is its not possible to have every single parent stay home for 18 years to raise a child, as sad as it is its just not possible. My mom would have loved to stay home with us but she couldn't because she had bills to pay bills that I don't think the government should have to pay for the life of a child.

We as parents are responsible for the kids, if one parent can stay home awesome if they cant then they cant. There are plenty of partnered people in this forum who have to have both parents work to survive so should one of them be able to quit and have the government pay the difference?

Some people are making this about single mom bashing when its not its just the reality of life. I feel the same about partnered parents, single dads.