+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My oldest i started at home at about 18months. he was great, but I didnt even try to do it until he was about 4 months off turning 3 outside the house. He trained straight away with day time but wasnt out of night time nappies until he was almost 4.
    My nearly 3 year old is completely night time and day time trained. I only started about 2 months ago (he is 3 end of january) and just by a drunk mistake didnt put a night time nappy on him at the start of Novemeber and he has never wet the bed once all this time at night.
    Very proud because I really thought he would take a long time to train.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What age did u start......

DS was close to 3. We tried a number of times in his second year but it wasn't successful. He is now 3 years 3 months and still has an accident here or there, but uses the toilet most of the time. When he does have an accident, it's usually because he is too busy playing and doesn't want to leave whatever it is that he is doing to go to the toilet.

He's not night trained yet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What age did u start......

Ds is 2 1/2 and fully trained, he showed signs of being ready about 16 months but life got busy and we ended up back at square.one,

About 2 1/2 months ago I just stopped putting nappies on, he peed the bed 3 nights in a row and has been good ever since.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire SA510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD1 was 2.5 when i started and took about a month to 'get' it.

DD2 just turned 2 and was showing signs of being ready but her interest in the potty has disappeared so guess we'll leave it till she shows interest again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Started my DSD at about 2 yrs. Just let her run around naked (as that is how her BM was doing it). She is day trained, with the occasional accident if she is overly stimulated, and just turned 3 a month ago. I am leaving the night training to her BM as she doesn't see us for long enough periods for any training I do to be effective...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

just toilet trained my little miss ( not mine but girl I nanny) she's only just 2 and a half now and has been trained for about a
    month, no nappies day or night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What age did u start......

Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    just toilet trained my little miss ( not mine but girl I nanny) she's only just 2 and a half now and has been trained for about a
    month, no nappies day or night!
    Do u mind sharing the technique you used? Theres just so much info on TT.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds came home from daycare one day (aged 2.5 years) and said he wasn't going to wear a nappy anymore. He also refused night time nappies/pull ups. He is now 5 and I can count on one hand the times he has wet the bed. He was ready and told me so. I think I would have waited longer if he hadn't instigated it himself.

Thanks
    Reviews

It depends on their maturity . How well they communicate and how much they listen.
    Most are 2.5 when this is apparent. My two sons both trained in 5 days and 7 days at 2.9yrs. Night trained my eldest at 4.2 years and my middle son is 4.5 and still not night trained!
    My youngest is 2.2 and showing signs, I'm gonna give it another 2 months though. I'll try in feb/march

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toilet trained a 2.5 night just a couples months after she turned 3 .. Amazed at how easy .. She did it herself .. I just followed her lead .. She has occasional accidents at night .. But not often ..
    I think your child shows you when they are ready .. I know I was lucky with how easy it was!!