+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 month old night sleeping issues

Hi there

My DS was a decent night sleeper usually down at 7:30-8:30 then would wake for a feed and sleep from 845-230 up at 430, 730 and then 8:30/9 for the day...

about 2-3 weeks ago he started waking every 1-2 hrs - i put this down to the 4month regression and was demand feeding and resettling... however he would only resettle in my arms...

Earlier this week we found out he had to go into a hip brace at night and now he's waking every 30-45mins!! zzzzzz he is resettling within 5-10mins but only in my arms...

Any ideas??? How long should i allow this for it to be considered a transition phase into the brace without it creating real problems for future?

A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry don't know anything about the hip brace. You might find you get more responses about the brace if you post a question in the general parenting section.

If it was me I would probably just go with it, he is probably very confused and uncomfortable and going to need lots of cuddles to get him through it. Try not to worry about creating problems he is still very little and his sleep will change many times yet.

It's going to be a difficult time, do you have anyone who could take him for a few hours during the day so you can catch up on some sleep?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovehats For This Useful Post:

Angelski  (30-11-2012),Starfish30  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah i have some great support networks i can call on... last night we popped him on his tummy (he used to be a side sleeper before the brace) and he slept his normal 5 hours and then did a 4hour stint too (which is usually 2x2hrs)... i know it's not SIDS approved but he has got great upper body strength and easily moves his head from left to right as needed to get comfortable, so felt confident (yet still nervous) he would be ok.. didn't stop me getting up every 30-40mins to check on him - think my body clock has changed to the wake ups! lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 month old night sleeping issues

Maybe get a sleep sensor monitor if u are worried about SIDS? My advice would be do what u can to get everyone some sleep! xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soon2bmumzy For This Useful Post:

Angelski  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry to much about the tummy sleeping, by 5/6 months many bubs can roll both ways and are staring to crawl.. once they get to that stage they often prefer to sleep on their tummy and their isn't much you can do about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovehats For This Useful Post:

Angelski  (01-12-2012)