+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Would you invite someone you don't like to your wedding to keep the peace?

No. I wouldn't invite someone like that to my special day. Especially if you know she has said nasty things about you. Cut it away.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Would you invite someone you don't like to your wedding to keep the peace?

Nope. Especially since she's said things about your relationship and it not lasting. If she was just really annoying or something I'd say suck it up, but if she doesn't believe in your relationship, why would you want her around to celebrate it? She would most likely b*tch about you at the wedding, so who cares if she b*tches about you before and after, at least she's not ruining your day.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you invite someone you don't like to your wedding to keep the peace?

Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Looks like I am going against the grain here I would take the high road graciously (lol) and invite her. With weddings, most people you want to invite, but there are always a few you have to invite. If you want to invite a very close friend, then you would normally invite their partner/ spouse as well, even if you don't get along with them or don't have much to do with them, or dislike them. New or casual boyfriend/ girlfriend, no, but long-established partner/ spouse, yes. Not ideal, but I would invite her It is tough though when you only want to invite one half of a partnership...
    No, I didn't have any 'have to' invites at our wedding, we kept it small and only had people very close to us. This meant excluding some relatives and some friend but I'm glad we did it that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Would you invite someone you don't like to your wedding to keep the peace?

Ummmmmmm

If your friend would understand why she wasn't invited I'd not invite her. But I would probably out of respect to him? Really would depend on the relationship.

When we get married I'm going to have an awful conversation with my dad and tell him his wife is not coming to my wedding. Because I cannot trust her not to be a ***** Or make a scene. But I'm absolutely resolved and I know I can tell my dad exactly why and he won't like it but he'll understand it.

If she was just going to quietly hate me I'd probably invite her to keep the peace but she's anything but rational or predictable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldnt invite her. If that means her DP doesnt go then so be it! Its your wedding, invite who you want to be there! DF and I are getting married sometime in the next 2 years and we have been discussing the issue of who to invite. I dont want one of my aunty's and cousin there. It will cause a huge drama and there will be repercussions, but I couldnt give a damn. Its our wedding and we have to pay for it. Im not going to invite someone I dont like/dont want there just because they will get cranky over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

to keep the peace,I would invite her. When DP and I get married I hope to convince him to have a backyard "engagement party" suurprriise wedding. That way those that "can't" make it or we don't really want there aren't there.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I say go with your gut... It's your day!
    I didn't invite my own brother and his wife to my wedding! My theory was that I wanted to be surrounded by love and happy vibes on my special day, and being honest he is an attention seeking w*#ker! My parents were more concerned how to explain his absence, yet only one person asked I just said he had to work... Funnily enough I never got any backlash from it so.. meh!
    We also didn't invite the wife of our best man as I had never ever met her and she knew no one there, so who was I going to seat her with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id invite her.

Its one thing to not invite a specific person, its entirely another to not invite doneobes longterm partner.

If you dont mind stuffing your friendship with this guy then thats your call. But I can tell you want will happen. You won't invite his girlfriend, he won't come and it will effectively ruin that friendship. On top of that, this chick will sill ***** about you guys, but now you'll look like the petty ones for not inviting her (even though thats no the case). Long term result? It'll completely ruin the dynamic of the group and everyone will say "i know she's a *****, but I wish you'd been the better person and invited her".

ETA then you'll all stop hanging out because it will be awkies. And your wedding photos will make you sad because they're filled with friends you dont see all because this cow got the better of you.
    Last edited by WineTime; 29-11-2012 at 16:27.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

delirium  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would invite her. A few years back I wasn't invited to 2 weddings but my partner was. Apparently the reason I wasn't invited was because they couldn't see my partner and I lasting. Well we are still together, married and have a DD and one on the way. It has been awkward ever since and has made it really hard for my DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    If we don't invite her to our wedding, firstly it means her partner (my DPs friend) wouldn't come
    Are you really willing to risk your fiancees friendship over something like this? Good friends are hard to find. You are also saying that she has said nasty things about you and your family - but then not to your face. Which means someone else is gossiping about her. Can you trust what they say? Do they gossip just as much as she apparently does? Would this person who told you have other intentions?

I wouldn't risk a good friendship (or potentially great friendship) for your fiancee over something which may (or may not) have been said. I think not inviting her could backfire, and you both need to be prepared for the friendship with her partner to not continue. People are very sensitive about these things and rightly so, it can be very hard to mend later as well if it turns out you have been misinformed.

It's one person at your wedding. Seriously you are so busy getting married to the love of your life you won't notice her anyway.