+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What the heck is going on with my body?!

I'm wondering if anyone has been through anything similar?

I'm currently on Cycle Day 40 and I'm 19DPO. Still no AF.

Bit of background, I had my right tube removed in June, first 2 cycles after that were 28 days and since then they've been getting longer and longer. But this is definitely the longest!! 40 days argh.

I have had some brown discharge in the last week which I thought was AF starting, but nothing more. I'm getting negative pregnancy tests every day. My dr has booked me in for an ultrasound on Saturday to check everything out, I think he's worried there could be a problem? Because of the ultrasound he didn't want to order bloods (I have horrible veins and it's traumatic for everyone haha)

It's just stressing me out. It's so hard TTC when I don't know what the hell is happening with my cycles. I'm using OPKs but it all seems a little too hard at the moment I can't relax. With my history of ectopics, I feel like I need to know if I'm pregnant ASAP so I can see that everythign is ok and make sure I don't end up in hospital again.

Has anyone been through anything similar? I think I needed a vent more than anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm prob not much help but I did have something similar last month, my cycle is usually 38 days so quite long, and AF did just not show up, so of course I got my hopes up. After multiple BFN's I went to the doctor and got bloods done (my periods were 2 weeks late at this point) negative again on my bloods. After another 2 weeks went back and she referred me to get an ultrasound, a day later AF arrived, it was a 60 something days cycle. The doctor said not to have the ultrasound just to monitor my periods and if the irregularity continues go back.

I suppose AF not showing up was just due to stress but I didn't feel like I was stressed quite the opposite actually I felt carefree and happy??

Anyway like I said I'm not much help but I hope you get some answers and your body sorts itself out, it's so frustrating to be ttc and feel completely out of control in regards to your cycle. Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I got my AF 19dpo last cycle. Every test was negative. No idea why and just hoping it won't happen again! FX you get some answers soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you tracking ovulation using OPKs alone? Because if you are you may have gotten your surge but just not ovulated. This has happened to me on more than one occasion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Are you tracking ovulation using OPKs alone? Because if you are you may have gotten your surge but just not ovulated. This has happened to me on more than one occasion
    Yeah just OPKS, next cycle I am going to start temping I think.

Thanks ladies for your replies I think the stress isn't helping either. I have been getting migraines and my doctor said they're stress related and I need to relax... easier said than done! I just wish my body would start being good to me haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a frustrating journey! I would say temping is a good idea because you will then know for sure whether you are ovulating or not. I used to get several positive OPKs in a cycle and it turns out that I have PCOS which I think is why they didnt work for me. Good luck hun. Hopefully it wont take much longer for you to get your BFP