+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Open adoption in Perth?

I couldn't find much info on adoption on internet. Is there any agency or gov department I could contact?
    I'm 10 weeks pregnant with twins ( not identical ) and I'm going through divorce. My DH forcing me to terminate and want me out of the house regardless I'm keep the babies or not.
    No place to live and no income. I couldn't raise these two babies on my own and I would love to give them opportunity to live their life. Hope to find the loving family who want to adopt them since new born.
    I'm permanent residence here but DH is australia citizen. Am I able to put my babies up for adoption if I'm not citizen?

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't know much about adoption in Perth. But in NSW the government website has information about approved adoption agencies and their websites and contact info. Even though you aren't a citizen, the babies will be due to your husband being a citizen. So I don't see a problem with the adoption.

Good luck! I'm sure this is a hard decision, but it is such a selfless thing to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, even if it was not planned or you do not feel in a position to parent these bubs you are still entitled to be happy and enjoy your pregnancy and time with the bubs. Do what is right for you and not your husband. In the end he will need to concent to an adoption. Open adoption is not really legal. Some give their children to others then choose parents then get a consent order 12 months after the birth but you will need to seek legal advice as would any potential parents. Try to be happy and make the right decisions for you and your bubs whatever you feel comfortable with and gives you piece of mind. All the best on your journey and what an amazing gift you may be giving someone xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in Perth and I know there would be literally thousands of couples willing to take your babies. I am so sorry your dh is being so stupid and selfish. It is your decision and you have plenty of time to make it, don't be forced into anything you are not happy with.

I don't know if this is your first pregnancy, but in all mine around 10 weeks I have had the how am I going to do this thought and you just do. Try not to make too much decision now and just go with it, the option is always there for you. As the pregnancy continues you will get a stronger indicator of whether adoption is the right path for you.

If you do adopt, this is a precious gift you are giving to a family and I applaud you on this decision to do what you think is right for you and the babies.

Good luck with the decision, I really hope that things settle down soon xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

No advice coz i know nothing of adoption but wanted to offer ((hugs))
    I'm in Perth too and feel free to pm me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please don't feel forced to give up your children because your husband is being a selfish jerk.

Contact centre link and ask to see a social worker.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (30-11-2012),jess1992  (30-11-2012),PomPoms  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Open adoption in Perth?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Please don't feel forced to give up your children because your husband is being a selfish jerk.

Contact centre link and ask to see a social worker.
    This 100%. He can't force you to terminate. if you want to keep these babies I'm sure things will work out for you. If you do decide to put them up for adoption, what a beautiful gift.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

You can keep you babies and there is lots of help that you can get...it may be hard to start off with but in time it will get easier ....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    You can keep you babies and there is lots of help that you can get...it may be hard to start off with but in time it will get easier ....
    I agree with this

You will need his consent to put the babies up for adoption.

Please don't think adoption is the only (or best decision) adoption also has ramifications on you as the Mum and the babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As the parent of adopted children I can only agree that it is a wonderful gift. BUT it must be something you are 100% on-board with and should never be forced. Adoption - even open adoption - can be very hard on the children as they grow, not to mention the birthparent/s and extended family. In Australia they will first try to find a family member to care for your children. It's very rare for healthy babies to end up with strangers, you would probably find your children would end up with a family member, for better or worse.