+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    almai is online now "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best Careers/Jobs for Mums

I'm a support worker (carer) for people with disabilities. I have no qualifications in this area and just learnt on the job. (I'm in 'medium care')
    I work 2 (27hour) shifts a week (you get to sleep at night) and bring home a minimum of $1000 a week after tax. (And we get 6 weeks annual leave a year.)
    The job is so rewarding and the benefits are great!, I'm glad I fell into it!

When bubs arrives, I'll take leave for a bit but then go back FT. As I'll only be away 2 days, DP can stay home so no need for child care and I'll be there for 5days and nights every week

I work in project management for construction and infrastructure, but it took me a long time to get here - mainly because I didn't know what I wanted to do and kept studying haha. It's a great industry though and employers seem to be becoming more and more family friendly.

There's faster ways though! Project administration is interesting (well I think so haha, if you're analytical and highly organised) basically it's completing the administrative tasks such as document control, cost control (budget finances) and you delve into project scheduling and pretty much get your hands dirty all round for the project team - theres plenty of TAFE courses for that too, even online. Good salary potential too.

The ladies here who work in project admin often work school hours or just a few days per week (depending on your project / employer). And once you have your foot in the door doing that, there's heaps of avenues for career progression when and if the time suits you.

The world's your oyster really checkout open.edu.au .. I studied my masters and grad diploma through there whilst working full time with little ones, it was fab and you can pace yourself or speed up your number of units to suit your lifestyle.

You might get addicted to surfing the options though haha, primary teaching is online, commerce and shorter courses too.

Goodluck with your decision

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Best Careers/Jobs for Mums

I work public service and it offers flexibility