+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Be honest! How much did you pay for your dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Please do a lot of research on this breed before you buy one. Talk to a lot of people this is one of those guardian breeds that were meant to guard and kill not just guard but actually take out any intruder. They are a wonderful breed but be prepared to not let any dominance issues slide be stern at all times.

We would get them and Neos and a few other of these guardian breeds into rescue because they were not handled right as pups and were a danger to the public. They are freakin adorable tho.
    That's sad - my brothers fiancée sister has one ( which is how I first found out about them!) he is just wonderful, gentle, great with kids and very friendly - I met with the breeder last year and his dogs were all wonderful - maybe the people that gave them up were not used to big dogs? I've had rotties and have a brilliant trainer so am very prepared! I still have to convince DH though he still thinks its a lot of money but he also fell in love with them , I've looked at Neos but not keen on the drool !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

$650 for a cavalier x cavoodle

Thanks
    Reviews

We paid $400 for our little boy (purebred cavalier) from the cavalier rescue org and $400 for our girl (purebred cavalier)on gumtree from a family who couldn't look after her. To be honest, I would have paid more and was shocked when the lady at the rescue place only said $400.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

$650 for a (purebred/pedigree) cavalier King Charles spaniel from a registered breeder with papers.
    Last edited by Jensha; 29-11-2012 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    That's sad - my brothers fiancée sister has one ( which is how I first found out about them!) he is just wonderful, gentle, great with kids and very friendly - I met with the breeder last year and his dogs were all wonderful - maybe the people that gave them up were not used to big dogs? I've had rotties and have a brilliant trainer so am very prepared! I still have to convince DH though he still thinks its a lot of money but he also fell in love with them , I've looked at Neos but not keen on the drool !
    Yeah exactly that they were not prepared. You sound ready to roll hope you post pics if you get one they are adorable

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Be honest! How much did you pay for your dog?

There is a facebook page for dogs that need homework you can get them as a puppy or a senior they can cost upto $350 but that's including desexing, microchipping and all their injection or they get put down. Italian called sa dog rescue. I wouldn't pay anything more than $500 for a dog.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

There is a facebook page for dogs that need homes you can get them as a puppy or a senior they can cost upto $350 but that's including desexing, microchipping and all their injection or they get put down. Italian called sa dog rescue. I wouldn't pay anything more than $500 for a dog.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Kaktuz is offline Slowly losing the plot.............
    Thanks
    Reviews

To all the ladies asking. (i don't know how to multi quote on my phone).

Apparently he had cherry eye when he was born and was the smallest of the litter, and no-one wanted him. :-( I don't know why he certainly isn't small anymore and he is just so cute and so lazy (unless my washing is on the line, then i have to watch him like a hawk)

He is fantastic with my kids especially my two year old, that kid can do anything to him and he just lays there. In fact if i ever need to wash the dogs bed i get my 2 year old to get it because he is the only person allowed to touch it!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    I got my boy out the Trading Post from a backyard breeder 😱 and he cost me $195, he was advertised as a Maltese x ****zu but is actually a Westie x ****zu and way cuter!

He also won a comp 5 years ago to be the face of natures gift dog food and won 2 years worth of food and $400, so he's definitely paid for himself and worth it.

Plus no medical issues at all other than major separation anxiety which I've been told is common with Westies.
    I think I can vaguely picture ur dog from the products packaging...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid $500 for my staffy....I will pay a lot more next time to ensure the Staffy we get has had genetic testing + hip testing.

I loved my boy, but had he lived longer then 4 years, he would have started to suffer from early onset arthritis due to his hip displasia He also would have seizures every 6 or so months. Thankfully neither seemed to cause him pain.

Our Purebread husky was free. He cost his original owner $1500. They passed him on to our friend at 5 months as they didn't have the time to train him. Our friend had to rehome him at 10 months due to a relationship breakdown. He has been with us over 2.5 years now