+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Experience/opinions needed please!!

Ok, so we are off to Kangaroo Island tomorrow night for two nights. My mum is having all 3 kids.....the first time ever.

Yesterday morning my youngest woke up and had vomited in his cot. Was fine for the rest of the day, a little temp and little grizzly but still eating etc.
    He woke this morning better but had done a big runny poo in his nappy. Again ate breakfast fine.

So 1 vomit and 1 extreme runny poo in 48 hours.

However i'm worried if it's a tummy bug. What do you think....tummy bug or something else? If it is a tummy bug and there is a chance the other kids could catch it then I won't go to the island.

Just wanted to add he is teething too!!

Thanks for any replies!

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only thing you can really do is watch and wait and see. You're not leaving until tomorrow night......so don't make any decisions yet.

I hope you're little one recovers quickly, and that your other ch'n are fine x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor little fella... How old is he? My DS had something like that last month (aged 6mo). He was sick for about four or five days with it but his big sister didn't catch it.

What's your accommodation situation on KI? Are you staying in a hotel etc? If so, would you be charged for cancelling your reservation? How long could you leave it before cancelling your booking? (ie how long could you wait to monitor DS's condition before deciding) Could you reschedule your trip?

Also, let's say you decide to go to KI even though DS isn't 100% - could your mum handle it if he was a bit unwell? What would she do to look after him / help him get better? Could you leave some medicine with her? Or, could you take DS to the doctor today and depending on what he/she says, get some medicine?

Other scenarios - if you went to KI and your mum called to say DS had taken a turn for the worse, how soon/easily could you get back to the mainland? (Is your mum in Adelaide?)

Not sure how helpful this has been as I'm sure you've gone over this scenarios in your head already! I'm sure whatever he's got isn't too bad, but I know you're just concerned about leaving your little one when he's unwell - tough decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Experience/opinions needed please!!

I would wait out today - my DS occasionally has a very runny poo, but otherwise fine. Sometimes they may just eat something that doesn't agree with their sensitive stomach.

If he seems well otherwise I wouldn't worry just yet - I know that's hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your replies girls

Fingers crossed something didnt agree with him or his teeth are playing up and making him feel unwell. He is happy. If there are no more runny bums today than I think we are safe.

If I thought he was ill etc than there is no way I would go and leave mum. Will sit & wait it out.....!!