+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its not something i would have liked, Not because i would be offended, just because iwouldnt like someone touching my stuff. It sounds weird, but i wouldnt want anyone in my house. I would feel compelled to clean before the cleaner got there so they didnt see my house was a pigsty. A voucher for a massage or a gift voucher to a clothing store that sells pretty breastfeeding tops would have been better for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Is this a good Christmas gift for a new mum?

I wouldn't like it as I wouldn't find it personal. Also I would find it a little sexist that I get a voucher to clean my house IYKWIM? As in it's my job to keep the house clean when it really is both DH and I.

Would love some pampering time though! You can get her a voucher from a home massage place or home esthetician, I know some come to ppl place which is very handy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Is this a good Christmas gift for a new mum?

I'd go a pamper voucher and a homemade voucher for you to babysit her little one while she gets it done

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

The gift was going to be for both of them, not just her.

We don't live in the same town so I can't offer to babysit. Also she's in a small town, so I don't think a meal delivery service exists, other then meals on wheels...

I might go back to the drawing board..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister was "given" a cleaning lady after her first baby was born - if wasn't a permanent thing just 2 lots of 2 hours done a fortnight apart. The cleaner came in and dusted, vacuumed, mopped and cleaned the bathroom and toilets. My sister really appreciated it!

The first time the cleaner came my sister stayed around the house, the second time she felt comfortable enough to go out and leave her to it, just coming back shortly before she was due to leave. She has since mentioned it a couple of times and said what a great present it was and how nice it was to come home to clean house.

Another friend of mine received a coles online grocery delivery after her baby was born, it was done by some relatives interstate - she said it was a lovely surprise and had a few treats she wouldn't normally buy herself as well as the basic bread and milk etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry Disbride, I got mislead by the title as it mentioned a gift for a new mum. Are you after a christmas gift idea or a new parents gift idea?
    You might get different answers based on this

At the end of the day, you know them better than we do. Some poster here said they would love for a cleaner to come and take care of the house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't like a cleaner as a gift because I'm a bit funny about strangers in my home, touching my stuff. I would be panicking at that gift because I would then compelled to clean before the cleaner came and I'd be uncomfortable the whole time they were there. Nice idea for some but not something I'd enjoy.
    However I would love groceries sent, meals delivered, pampering voucher - that kind of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would love it... I would not see it as any reflection upon me, my cleaning skills or domestic prowess...I have a 3 month old and pampering is nice but I would really prefer to feel good about the state of my house or be able to eat something other than toast and cereal...these are the things which get me down.

Lite n Easy have a great range of choices...check out the meals on their Web site.

I know that surprises are nice and all...but maybe you could let them know what you are thinking and offer them a choice...food and cleaning could apply equally well to your brother, not just your SIL...

It is so kind of you to be wanting to do something like this...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Albert01; 30-11-2012 at 10:15.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would probably avoid meal delivery like Lite n Easy as it may be seen as a reflection of her needing to get back to her pre-baby weight. Ah it's hard to be nice these days..

Thanks
    Reviews

Personally I would hate it, but I have no desire for a cleaner, couldn't think of anything worse to be honest.
    Cook for me any day though, load up the freezer, bring around take-away, that would mean more to me.
    I think you just have to go on a recipients personality.