+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Target online layby & delivery

Just wondering what other people's experience is with doing an online layby and delivery from target? I've done my Xmas shopping through them and payments should be finalised by 5th December. But I'm worried it won't be delivered in time for Xmas as I've heard bad stories from stores like big w (which is why I went target). How long do they usually take to deliver once the layby is finalised?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did birthday shopping through target online. I started as layby but ended up just paying it in full and it got to the store about 3 days later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't recommend that you count on it to be on time.

I did an online layby for my maternity clothes because my local target has limited mat clothes and seem to always be out of my size (12 - 14) for the things I want.

I completed the layby payment 15/10/12, recieved confirmation payment was recieved but no indication on when I should expect it to arrive. I sent an email on 17 and 19 October wanting to know when I should expect the items for collection as I became big much quicker than I expected. I am still waiting for replys to those emails. I tried to call 4 times, left messages and never recieved a call back.

On the 15/10 I also ordered two pairs of matternity leggings as I realised I missed them in my layby. I did that as "click and Collect". They arrived at my local target layby section on 20/10/12. They had no information on my online layby but suggested that I wait to recieve my email for collection.

on 30/10/12 I started calling at 8:30 (the phone line opened at 8:30) and was lucky enough to get a person on the phone. I explained to the girl on the phone that I needed to either have the layby within the next 48 hours or have a refund as I had nothing to wear and could not afford to spend more money on Matt clothes. She assured me that the order will be in store that afternoon or the next morning.

31/10/12 - layby still had not arrived. my local target gave me a refund despote the fact that they should not get involved. I sent a complaint email advising the situation - blah blah blah...

As of yesterday I was advised that my layby has been lost in transit, it has not arrived at the store. but here is a $50 gift card "in good faith"

I seriously worry for anyone that has xmas gifts ordered this way 6 weeks since payment and no one knows where my order is, it wouldn't even be as busy in october as it will be in December with Christmas.

I will never use the service again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

So do Christmas laybys have to be finalized by the 5th??

Thanks
    Reviews

I picked up my lay by from target for my Christmas items on Tuesday. My final payment was made Thursday last week. I had an email Friday to say it had been delivered to my local store. I found it simple and pain free and was surprised it was available for pickup so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With target you can choose to have it delivered to your local store, I did this and picked mine up last week.

I did a big w online layby too & had no problems with their delivery etc. I had no bulky items though. Was all delivered a couple of weeks ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

If I've already chosen delivery, can I change it to pick up?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose View Post
    So do Christmas laybys have to be finalized by the 5th??
    No, mine isn't a toy sale layby that's just when I'm paying the last bit off

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.news.com.au/business/comp...-1226528776353

This was on news.com today - Target Christmas lay-by deliveries running behind

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep my friend had sooo many issues with her layby.

Apparently Target record the tracking numbers wrong on many orders leaving the last number/digit off, this resulted in them then getting lost in transit due to an error with Australia Post.

My friend was given a refund and $50 voucher as well only to have her orders arrive 2 weeks later!