+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling like it's time to move on...

But I don't know how. I'm not happy in my relationship with DF anymore, and I feel like we've reached our 'expiry date' so to speak.

He loves and cherishes me, and I love him too...but I just don't think this is working anymore. I have realized that we have different ideals, and are at different stages in our lives - though he tries to say otherwise, his actions speak for themselves.

I just don't know how to end it. Just the thought of it hurts me deeply, but I know it must be done.

I think the hardest part will be the impact it will have on my DS. He adores my partner, and will be really sad to no longer have him in his life

I've spoken to him many times about the issues, and though he acknowledges them and tries to rectify them, the same or similar things keep occurring....which has just made me realize that we are on a completely different page. He is trying hard now, but it is just too late - I just don't feel the same anymore I can't stop thinking of how much easier life was when it was just me and DS. This no longer feels like a family unit..

I don't know how to end this.

Are you sure you want to leave? Is there nothing he can do to help your situation? Will your son be able to visit him or are you just going to cut ties and help your son get over the loss. I know this is a tough decision and how hard it can be but if it really tears you up to even think about doing it is it the right decision?

Default Feeling like it's time to move on...

I agree with PP - you don't really sound like its something you want to do. Or is it just guilt/pain coming through in your post maybe?

I feel for you, I really do. I'm on the opposite side, my DH left and won't even talk to me about the issues. I've offered counseling, everything but he isn't interested in trying. It's a really tough thing to go through no matter what side I guess.