+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Another Angel Baby - need advice :(

Hi I'm wanting advice from anyone who has been in my situation.

I have had some light bleeding intermittently over the past week and despite my test levels looking good i had a gut feeling something was wrong. I was sent away from the hospital after a scan on the weekend being told it could be a blighted ovum. Had transvaginal scan today, there was a baby measuring 6w6d with no heartbeat. I'm 7w3d today...

The ivf clinic have given me a few options and will ring tomorrow to discuss. The main ones being - wait to miscarry naturally or have a d&c on Monday.

Any advice or experiences? What should I expect either way? My last m/c happened naturally before the scan so didn't have this to deal with. It was my dds 3rd birthday yesterday too and it's just been consuming my mind
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 29-11-2012 at 01:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I read and haven't been in you're exact situation but we delivered our angel baby last Wednesday night at 26+4.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss! And I hope you're able to get answers from others that have been in your situation.

X

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a blighted ovum which was discovered at 7 weeks. Drs wanted to be sure before doing a d&c so I waited another 2 weeks, had a scan which showed nothing new so was told to wait another 2 weeks then again nothing new and finally at 12 weeks I had a d&c. My dr and I were happy I had given my body enough of a chance to miscarry in that time and since I hadn't I was comfortable with my choice to have the op.
    But in saying all of this, I didn't have any bleeding.
    Im sorry you're going through this :-( all the best to you during this hard time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Another Angel Baby - need advice :(

Waitinghoping, I am so sorry to hear your news. Take care!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sorry you're going through this, it's really not nice.

You can compromise between the two and wait a week or so to see if it happens naturally and then get the d&c if that doesn't work.

I tried waiting to see if it happened naturally and when it didn't was given the choice between a d&c or a course of pills. I opted for the pills because I'd heard bad things about a d&c. However after taking just one of the pills I had the worst night ever and ended up in hospital on morphine. So if it happened again I'd just get the d&c done.

You''ve got a bit of a rough time ahead of you, so I hope you're ok. Don't forget you can always vent and share on here.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

If the blood is red then it may be happening soon. I was 9 weeks when I lost mine but the size of 6. So took 3 weeks to mc naturally. It was 1 and a half weeks of heavy bleeding before losing placenta then 3 days after that the sac. There was cramping (dull ache) around the days of placenta and sac. Then 1 week of brown.
    I made sure I had heaps of iron because I was dizzy. Most if the bleeding was in the day and over the toilet.
    We buried the sac under our tree.
    Sorry for your news. Big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh... Such horrible news...
    It's just the most horrible thing. That's all I can really say on Bubhub... This situation calls for much harsher language.

For each of my miscarriages I have chosen to wait and have always had it happen on its own. My first one, the baby died at 6w2d, and I didn't miscarry until about 10 weeks, the second I just started bleeding one day at around 6 weeks, my third we saw a heartbeat at 6w2d (I hate this date now!) and thought all was good, went back again 2 weeks later for a 'relieve your worries scan' to find no heartbeat. Booked a scan for 1 week later (should have been 9w2d) and I actually began bleeding the morning of that last scan, which showed bub had died at 7weeks this time.

If it were me, and I still had that tiny voice clinging to hope, I would ask for a confirmation scan in 1 week and then make my decision from there.

My first miscarriage was so bad it made me terrified this one would be unbearable, being that I was further along, but this time was actually pretty low on the pain threshold, which was good. I only really had to worry about the emotional side. I was all for a d&c until I started bleeding naturally.

I'm so sorry. It's just horrible, and it can feel so personal. Not just a throw away comment - please pm if you need to dribble away your anger to someone.

Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. So many sad stories, I hate that anyone has to go through this. Munchkin Im so sorry about your recent loss.

Lots of tears shed last night I was bleeding (only lightly, it was very mucousy and ranged from old blood to mixed with a little fresh blood). The bleeding stopped saturday, probably about a day after bubs passed. No bleeding now. Tests on the weekend showed my levels are going down, but Im not sure how long it will take to m/c. I REALLY want to get ttc asap as I just feel time is running out. My AMH is low, Ive been ttc #2 since August 2011 and this is the 2nd M/C since ttc #2.

Just trying to figure out what will be the best option. Wish I didnt have to make decisions like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waitinghoping, I'm so sorry for your loss. It truly is heartbreaking. And I agree, no-one should have to go through this...

I had my missed miscarriage in July this year. I should have been about 8-9 weeks and bub was measuring about 5wks-ish.

So long as I held the tiniest doubt in my mind I couldn't through with the D&C. So I waited another 10 days and had another scan. That scan definitely confirmed that bub had not progressed at all. No heartbeat, nothing. So I was then comfortable with getting the D&C.

We also wanted to start TTC again as soon as possible, and I didn't know how long it would take to happen naturally. Also, I wasn't sure what was involved in a natural miscarriage, but felt that it wold have been more traumatic for me than an op. My Ob and the nurses were all so kind and caring, and made the whole process bearable.

Go with your instinct hun, but if you decide on a D&C would definietly suggest getting one last scan, just so that you can feel 100% certain.

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Waitinghoping, I'm so sorry for your loss. Life really isn't fair sometimes