+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby number 2 -how close is to close-

My DDI is 8 weeks old and I'm already craving another .. am I crazy?

DH and I conceived easily and knowingly that we were beginning our family not just having a baby.

How close is to close?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

You miss being pregnant. It's a super exciting time filled with wonder and attention. Your body, on the other hand, needs 12 months to recover from the ordeal of carrying an infant to term. Your first child deserves your undivided attention for the time that it takes your body to heal. So I think that an appropriate time to begin trying to conceive is on your first child's first birthday

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (29-11-2012),SeaShanty  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think under 14 months apart would be incredibly hard but incredibly rewarding as they got older.
    I have a 20mth gap between #2 and #3 and it was SO hard...but now at 22 mths and 3.5 it's AWESOME! I just love it. They are the best of friends and so cute together!
    I'm so glad it turned out the way it did. There will be 26mths between #3 and #4 and I wish I had of gone closer now. But I hope they'll still be close.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have 2 boys 11 months apart and its getting easier! They're so close and go to day care together!
    ds1 is 3ys8months and ds2 is 2ys8months!
    I had alot of help from my family!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My babies will be 11 months apart. Not planned that way & I have no idea how I will handle it but after the initial shock we are excited.

Thanks
    Reviews

My girls are 20 months apart with the youngest just turning one. It's REALLY hard! I think having more than one is going to be hard no matter what the gap is though. Good luck with it! xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Wait until the four month sleep regression, then decide! Hehe. I agree with a PP in that it's hard having two no matter what the age gap, a big gap and a small gap both have their challenges, just different challenges. At least of you have them close together, it will be hard until your second is 2-3, but then they will be going to the same school etc a few years later (so less drop offs etc) and you will get the baby stage (sleeping issues, having to change nappies etc) over with in a shorter space of time.

I know I don't particularly enjoy the first 7 months, so I do look at it in those terms but you might be different.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CuddlesAwait For This Useful Post:

SeaShanty  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

There will be a 16 month gap between DS and new bub. I always thought I would like a close age gap, but didn't think I would get that as DS was an IVF. However I fell pregnant naturally with #2 which was a big surprise but one we are very happy about. Took the decision out of our hands as to when to go back for another round of IVF!

I'm a little nervous about the close gap and having 2 under 2 but I'm sure I will adjust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's no physical reason you can't have bubs close together unless you have a medical condition I guess or some issue in your first birth/pregnancy. But it's hard when kids are young. Though all gaps are hard. I'm due in January and given my age (38) will immediately commence trying again. I don't normally fall easy though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 17month gap between 2nd and 3rd and I love it. They are so close and already play together. I had a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd, 28 months and I like the smaller gap better. I found my oldest wants to play with his sister but she was too young to play. Also I have found less jealousy with the smaller gap. It's up to what you feel is right for your family good luck decided.