+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I agree! It's okay, I won't have to address this issue as we're no longer friends... As it turns out, that's not the only silly thing she thought haha
    Oh dear, haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    What? It never ceases to amaze me just how passionate anti vaxxers are and yet they continually spout wrong information. it is an inactivated vaccine, ie not live, so you can't catch it from the shot.
    My daughter got Rotovirus from the vaccine as did the family from her it wasnt pleasant. So yes some vaccines can cause the actual illness:

Up to 13 per cent of babies will shed the rotavirus in their faeces in the first week after the first dose. People who have low immunity should avoid changing a soiled nappy during this time if possible. Good hand washing after changing a soiled nappy is always recommended.
    http://www.health.vic.gov.au/immunis.../rotavirus.htm

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have you been in this position?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    My daughter got Rotovirus from the vaccine as did the family from her it wasnt pleasant. So yes some vaccines can cause the actual illness:

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/immunis.../rotavirus.htm
    Why are you even still posting in the pro-vax section when you are clearly anti vaxxing?
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 03-02-2013 at 12:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone commented on what I said and if you go back and read my previous posts I gave the OP advice you have to read the whole thread though you will see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Have you been in this position?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Someone commented on what I said and if you go back and read my previous posts I gave the OP advice you have to read the whole thread though you will see it
    I see Zeddie's point though, you're anti vax. I asked a question in the pro vax section. This really isn't the thread for you to argue your point about vaccinations, I'm firm on my beliefs.

Also, lovemyfam, you gave me advice after you had a go at someone else because of their pro vax comment.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 03-02-2013 at 12:56.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mod-Zeddie  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

There is no nice way to let her know OP, it will likely cause her to be offended as she doesn't see error in her judgements. This will offend her and probably will cause somewhat of a rift, but depending on the type of person she is depends on weather or not you move past it in the end.

However although my girls are vaxxed on time every time my daughter caught whooping cough a week before her 2 month jabs, so even vaxxed kids can get it and anything else, just remember that when your kids are interacting... vaccination is to help the severity if caught, it doesn't stop you from getting it at all..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    There is no nice way to let her know OP, it will likely cause her to be offended as she doesn't see error in her judgements. This will offend her and probably will cause somewhat of a rift, but depending on the type of person she is depends on weather or not you move past it in the end.

However although my girls are vaxxed on time every time my daughter caught whooping cough a week before her 2 month jabs, so even vaxxed kids can get it and anything else, just remember that when your kids are interacting... vaccination is to help the severity if caught, it doesn't stop you from getting it at all..
    A few posts up I said that I no longer talk to the person, so it's not an issue now, but thank you anyway.

And yes, I'm aware how vaccinations work. It's a matter of wanting to lessen the risk, putting herd immunity into place if you must.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Glad things have sorted themselves out, one less thing to worry about 😉

10. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I do know that about wc vax. That's mainly my reason for asking, it would be hard to avoid a good friend for 6 months when we see eachother often.
    Yes. In my op, I said that I asked family and close friends to make sure they were up to date when I had dd. This was no issue though, as they are all pro vax.
    I will just point out that most adults are actually not immune to wc and just because they were vaxxed as kids doesn't mean they still have immunity now. Wc is mostly passed on by adults.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I will just point out that most adults are actually not immune to wc and just because they were vaxxed as kids doesn't mean they still have immunity now. Wc is mostly passed on by adults.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Which is why I said I made sure they were up to date, ie. Most of us had to be vaxxed again.