+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I take your points, I guess it's because in my own circle of family and friends it would be considered extreme.
    I think it should be considered reckless ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Once again let's all stop vaccinating and see what happens???
    I am sure the anti vax who piggy back the vaxed would be panicking !! For people who chose not to vax for reasons that are not medical .. Do you think disease would come back and kill many if we all stopped vaxing ? Or should we just keeping washing our hands more ??

sorry op for going off topic
    I wouldnt panic we live a much cleaner more civilized life now. Would some kids get sick and die? yes but they do now even vaccinated. All I know is that my unvaxxed kids are sick a lot less than my fully vaccinated kids. Its each persons choice but just wanted to answer your question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Have you been in this position?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I wouldnt panic we live a much cleaner more civilized life now. Would some kids get sick and die? yes but they do now even vaccinated. All I know is that my unvaxxed kids are sick a lot less than my fully vaccinated kids. Its each persons choice but just wanted to answer your question
    It's funny that you say that, I see the complete opposite in my circle. The unvaxxed children that I know (my friend's children included) are sick more often than my dd (has only had two really basic colds at 20 months). Most have had croup (a few more than once), one has had wc and some other things and we all live in similar environments. I also don't pump daily vitamins into my child everyday, which all of the non vax families that I know do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    It's funny that you say that, I see the complete opposite in my circle. The unvaxxed children that I know (my friend's children included) are sick more often than my dd (has only had two really basic colds at 20 months). Most have had croup (a few more than once), one has had wc and some other things and we all live in similar environments. I also don't pump daily vitamins into my child everyday, which all of the non vax families that I know do.
    That is interesting, my 6 year old who had 1 rotovirus vaccine is never sick. My other children seem to get sick often yet my 6 and 1 year old dont ever catch it off them. We dont do vitamins in this house because I dont believe in them. My 1 year old also unvaxxed doesnt get sick really ever either strange

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Just a reminder - this is the Pro-Vax section, and we are giving advice and assistance to a mother who is choosing to vaccinate her child ... its not a debate about whether or not others should vaccinate theirs.

To the OP - I do hope your friend understands your position. I do see a newborn as being much more vulnerable than a say 6month old or 18 month old, and yeah, I would go the extra distance to protect them from anything going around.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-11-2012),gonnabeaGR8mum  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I was just answering a question, not advising her not to vaccinate and I did offer advice from a non vaxers point of view

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another possibility that could work is meeting your friend and her kids for outdoors time - picnics, coffee in the park etc, and of course asking that she keep her kids at a distance ie not touching the baby or putting their faces close as kids like to do. Much less likelihood of catching germs in the open air and indeed no more risk really than being in public with people who could be vaxed or unvaxed.

I'm sorry you took my comment to heart - perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "extreme".

I do understand your fear - when my daughter was born, my 4 year old and dh had whooping cough, and I brought her home to a house unknowingly because they weren't yet diagnosed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    One day we got into a discussion about it all and I showed her the story from about the Macaffrey(sp?) baby that died from whooping cough and she said that unvaccinated people play no role in people getting sick.

Oww, this probably won't end well regardless of what I say But at the end of the day, a healthy baby is more important.
    I have to agree with a pp, your friend is a num num. if people are going to choose not to vac, that is fine, but to do no research and then say "unvaxxed people play no role in people getting sick". What a stupid thing to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Have you been in this position?

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I have to agree with a pp, your friend is a num num. if people are going to choose not to vac, that is fine, but to do no research and then say "unvaxxed people play no role in people getting sick". What a stupid thing to say.
    I agree! It's okay, I won't have to address this issue as we're no longer friends... As it turns out, that's not the only silly thing she thought haha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Well there are a lot of places it can come from. For one you are injecting the virus into you there is a chance you can get it from the actual vaccine in some cases.
    What? It never ceases to amaze me just how passionate anti vaxxers are and yet they continually spout wrong information. it is an inactivated vaccine, ie not live, so you can't catch it from the shot.