+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Have you been in this position?

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I got a severe case when I was 11, I had a high temperature for weeks and had 7 weeks off school. I was so sick with the illness part (as well as being covered in spots). Took me forever to get over, even though my brothers only had a mild case. I've heard of other kids being very ill with it, It can still be fatal.
    Just chiming in at the end here to sympathise with your childhood-self Clem. I had chicken pox at 12 and I was so so sick with fevers, delirious etc.
    Not to even mention the spots which were like massive weeping sores all over me including in my mouth and throat and up both my you-know-where and the #2 hole...and I was sick for so long that of course I had an AF while still all covered in sores down there. So traumatic!

Sorry, totally unrelated to the actual point of the thread, just wanted to sympathise with Clem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Just chiming in at the end here to sympathise with your childhood-self Clem. I had chicken pox at 12 and I was so so sick with fevers, delirious etc.
    Not to even mention the spots which were like massive weeping sores all over me including in my mouth and throat and up both my you-know-where and the #2 hole...and I was sick for so long that of course I had an AF while still all covered in sores down there. So traumatic!

Sorry, totally unrelated to the actual point of the thread, just wanted to sympathise with Clem
    Oh god,you poor thing! I had them at the beginning of year 12, horrific, but nothing like your case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is not entirely true, if you have two shots of the MMR then you will me 99% protected against measles. You would have to be pretty unlucky to catch it if you were fully immunised. With the WC vaccination, they need three shots to be around 85% covered, there is also another strain going around that isn't covered by the vax. Generally though, the other vaccinations are very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    There is no nice way to let her know OP, it will likely cause her to be offended as she doesn't see error in her judgements. This will offend her and probably will cause somewhat of a rift, but depending on the type of person she is depends on weather or not you move past it in the end.

However although my girls are vaxxed on time every time my daughter caught whooping cough a week before her 2 month jabs, so even vaxxed kids can get it and anything else, just remember that when your kids are interacting... vaccination is to help the severity if caught, it doesn't stop you from getting it at all..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    There is no nice way to let her know OP, it will likely cause her to be offended as she doesn't see error in her judgements. This will offend her and probably will cause somewhat of a rift, but depending on the type of person she is depends on weather or not you move past it in the end.

However although my girls are vaxxed on time every time my daughter caught whooping cough a week before her 2 month jabs, so even vaxxed kids can get it and anything else, just remember that when your kids are interacting... vaccination is to help the severity if caught, it doesn't stop you from getting it at all..
    What Beebs said. Also, you said your DD got WC a week *before* her two month jabs, so even vaxxed kids can catch it, however, your DD wouldn't have had any WC shots yet- the only one she would have had, by the schedule, it's the hep b at birth shot. The first lot of the WC vax is in those two month shots that she hadn't yet had when she contracted WC.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Have you been in this position?

Just to clarify. Not purposely expose, but to have a child be able to cope with exposure in the environment.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Just to clarify. Not purposely expose, but to have a child be able to cope with exposure in the environment.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect
    Yeah, see, I still don't really get this. You cannot make sure a child can cope with a disease other than doing what you can to ensure general health (good nutrition etc) which may or may mot help with an infection- and vaccinating.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (05-02-2013)