+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Staph

Anyone had a child with staph infected eczema?

How long did it take for the antibiotics to clear it up? What did you do to help clear it up and stop it coming back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have. The antibiotics cleared it up pretty quickly, it was starting to dry out within a day or so I think. I also had some cream to apply so I was religious about doing that and made sure hands were washed thoroughly, the old dressing was bagged and thrown out etc so that it wouldn't spread to any other parts of her body.

It cleared up pretty easily and we are lucky that we have only had it once (touch wood). I must admit though that since then I am a little bit quicker to resort to the cortisone creams if dd has a bad flare up (I try to minimise their use as much as possible) to get on top of it and stop her scratching before it becomes infected again!

Hopefully this will be a once off for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Staph

We have had it for a while and im worried. Its taken 3 drs to actually get some antibiotics because they kept telling me it was ok.

Did you put a dressing over it? It is on his legs face nipples and arms so dont think I can dress it. We tried topical antiobiotics but it didnt clear it up now on oral.

Flare ups happen as soon as cortisone is stopped and it never clears it up fully.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Staph

My DS's eczema recently had a staph infection. It needed 2 courses of antibiotics to clear. After he finished the first course it flared up again as soon as he had a break from the cortisone creams. After the second course of antibiotics his skin had healed.
    Last week we had 2 days on his break from cortisone creams when his skin stayed clear.
    I use alpha Keri rich moisturizing cream several times a day when he's off the cortisone, and once a day when we're "on" creams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Staph

I also make sure he is kept really cool, since heat triggers his eczema. When it's really bad, we put the aircon on and I slather him in moisturiser and put a long sleeved/ long leg suit on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try bleach in bath for ezcema flare ups. Might also prevent staph. Sounds odd but google it. Works for my dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we had two staph infections with ds both treated with oral antibiotics and with the help of hydrocortisone (dermaid 1%) the first infection cleared quite awhile cause his eczema was so severe back then. the 2nd one cleared up quite quickly.

our paedia gave us sets of tubi grips to wrap his body and face as ds eczema is all over the body and face it is very good for wet wrapping or just to simply hold moisturisers so as not to stick on clothes or sheets.

hope that all of our little ones eczema clears up by the minute never to return again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did cover it, but it was on her arms and legs so we were able to.

We started with topical cream too and it did nothing, once it gets to that point it definitely needs antibiotics but they should clear it up. If you're not happy with how it's looking at the end of the course get onto a repeat quick smart and hopefully that will shake it.

I hope it's starting to improve and clears up quickly xx