+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby bath products

As practical as it seems i wouldn't recommend stocking up on babies bath products as it depends on what your babies skin is like as to what products will suit.

As pp have said no much need to wash them much in the first few months in anything but water.

I would try get your hands on lots of samples for products that appeal to you.

I personally like the ecostore, gaia, burts bees, moo goo, and billy goat soap range for bathing bubs in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    water....
    water.....
    water......

coconut oil is a great moisturiser, completely natural (from the health food shop), also great for cradle cap.

anything you can't pronounce/don't know what it is/wouldn't eat it, don't put on a newborn's skin

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not Just johnsons & johnsons, it's also every commercial skin products and it's actually disgusting the chemicals they put in. I have a book called the "chemical maize" and checked up every ingredient on gaia, and everything is safe with 2 or 3 chemicals which are not dangerous in high doses.
    It's really good. I have Also used burts bees, Kora organics and avado . Avado is actually really REALLY good - even better than gaia! Such a delicate smell and it does not foam in the slightest or even dry the skin. It is made mainly of oils and I used this not only on my baby bit also on myself and our skin was very soft.

Coconut oil is good, as it cleanses skin and is anti bacterial. It has a high number of vitamins, lipids and is actually being raved as one of natures wonder "foods" much like breast milk! The advantages are numerous and I can't rave enough. You can massage your baby before a bath, and then use a soft cloth in the water to wipe the skin to remove any lifted dirt or sweat an bacteria. You can buy bottles or jars of it at health food stores (make sure you buy virgin coconut oil) an most
    are organic. If you'd prefer a coconut oil that has been tailored specifically for the skin, you can buy bottles of it by balm balm online, although most of the vitamins have been processed out. I would use coconut oil in my sons bath water and his skin is beautifully clear and soft.

If you'd like to know more about coconut oil an skin care google oil cleansing method and skin advantages of coconut oil.

I know they say not to bath a new baby daily but I found my son benefited from it. It was hot when he was born, an he'd sweat and I felt better knowing e was cool and fresh (winter would probably be a different story) anyway he had those little milk pimples and I washed him daily with warm water and organic body wash and it actualy cleared his skin up by 1 week old, and he has never had an issue with cradle cap or anything like that

Xxx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miah For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (28-11-2012),αληθη  (28-11-2012),Waterbaby  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies! I probably should have phrased myself more accurately, I don't literally want to stock up containers worth, just want to have something on hand for when bubs arrives. I appreciate the advise about water only but since bub will be born smack bang in the middle of Queensland summer, I'm thinking some days I might need to use something other than water if she's really been sweating etc.

I definitely agree about using gentle products, which is why I was mostly interested in Gaia as I have sensitive skin myself and wouldn't want to use anything harsh on baby skin. Really appreciate the recs and will look into them

Going back to my OP, I've been given the Purity Sensitive 3 in 1 milk bath as a gift and just wondering if anyone knows anything about this brand or has experience with it as I can't seem to find any info online but it says it's paraben and sulphate free and is made by Natures Organics which I've found to be a good brand. Any info would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Baby bath products

Google natural babycare. The bubble baths are all hand made with nothing nasty in it. I love the happy bubbles. I found unless I scrubbed the bath out as soon as ds was finished the gaia didn't always dissolve properly and stuck the bath and toys.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    I used nothing more than water and the odd drop of olive or almond oil for the first few months.
    After that it was a drop or 2 of the Gaia bath wash.
    That's my idea too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't know about purity but I've used Gaia from birth and bathed her daily, then massaged with Gaia massage oil. Wonderful stuff and beautiful skin. She is a winter bub but loved her bath and it helped set her bed time routine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gaia for sure! It's great stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD had bad eczema and very sensitive skin and even Gaia was too harsh and drying.

We is QV bath oil. Whilst I'm pretty sure it's full of chemicals too, it is actually gentle on her skin ad adds some food moisture to it to stop it drying out.

I guess it depends on how you feel about using wholey natural products. For me it's the end result that's most important and QV bath oil works a treat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Don't know about purity but I've used Gaia from birth and bathed her daily, then massaged with Gaia massage oil. Wonderful stuff and beautiful skin. She is a winter bub but loved her bath and it helped set her bed time routine.
    This for me too.

OP, in the baby bags you get (Bounty Bags) free in hospital, they have heaps of samples you could try first. I was actually using those for weeks before finally cracking open a bottle of Gaia. Also you can contact Gaia directly via their website requesting free samples.