+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe its something as simple as he loves you and feels comfortable and relaxed enough to start showing it? I know it took DP a huge amount of time to show affection as he didnt want to be rejected. Then when he knew I was around for the long haul he upped the anty (sp?).

Its hard as you dont want to tell him to stop as he is expressing his emotions but if he did you may be sad it stopped?

I remember aggggges ago reading a thread of yours....must of be a few maybe more months ago where you were upset that your DP never told you he loved you/were pretty/sexy, etc. Cant remember the context but for some reason its stuck in the recesses

If he doesnt think he is being weird and there is nothing for you to feel suspicious about maybe all that it is, is that he loves you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Would it weird you out too?

Right. Staying right outta that one then...

I wouldn't be to worried in that case. He might just be feeling really in love, or had something happen to make him realise how much you mean to him. My DP reckons that is how he shows he loves me. He has just become more comfortable and realised he doesn't have to hide the way he feels. He started appreciating things more after his dad died.

Maybe its the same with yours

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Would it weird you out too?

I agree with desperately.. When dh comes home sometimes and is over the top touchy feely or loving i usually ask him why after a while and he has admitted sometimes that something happened during the day which made him realise how lucky he is to have me..
    Sometimes its from the boys convos on lunch break and things like that..as in one guy complaining about his woman.. His nasty divorce etc so maybe he has just realised he is so lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    maybe he's going to propose... that's what I'd be wondering. although my partner is like this 24/7.. I'm just irresistable

This was my first thought too! That he's about to propose. My DH was the same in about the month leading up to it... it drove me insane!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I think the problem for us is that I am not affectionate really. DP gets more full on, the more I don't return the same level of affection. But it back fires as it makes me less affectionate the more full on he is.
    Oh I get like that exdp hated it, but every time he'd start getting clingy I'd be so over it! Ah stupidness.

As for the thinking he'd distance himself if he were feeling guilty, some people do and some get more clingy because they feel guilty and think showing their love for you more will make up for it. I dunno, I don't really get cheating and really really hope you're right when you say he isn't. He definitely sounds insecure though. Now I'm on the compy I read your signature and DAMN thats a huge weight loss, congrats! If I were him I'd be super insecure that I'm not good enough for you and your newfound confidence! (I lost 20kg at the start of the year and oh my gosh the confidence from that, I can't imagine how amazing you feel within yourself that you managed to not only lose it but keep it off! You go girl!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could he be finding you more attractive? Have you changed anything like your hair style or start wearing make up? Maybe he just thinks you are a sexy beasts and cant keep his hands off you.

My husband is the same but has always been and I like it but if your not a touchy feely person I know it can make you uncomfortable. I would just ask him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmmmm. What happened to my post?! I was coming back to say, your weight loss is amazing! Wonder too if that is why? Slightly off topic but how did you loose the weight?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would it weird you out too?

You should ask him to do the 5 love languages quiz. You really learn a lot about someone and yourself. I'm a touchy person to my hubby (only him, I grew up in a non touchy family lol that sounds bad but I mean we didn't even hug). But that's how I show my love. My hubby shows his love with quality time.

Google it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would it weird you out too?

I know this has been said, and you said it wouldn't be happening, but in the few months before my (now) fiancé proposed I noticed a similar change in his behaviour. I actually asked if he was cheating, cause it was so strange. Sounds like that to me.

But, if not, at least you have a man who really seems to love you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jesssalee For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For what it's worth, I used to be te one who struggled to express my feelings and a natural sense of affection or intimacy. I felt awkward and weird with loving touching and statements. DH was lovey dovey from the start. After I realised the depths of my feelings for him and relaxed properly I was able to reciprocate. We now likely make bystanders sick from our antics. Your DH might be experiencing the same metamorphosis of self expression.

Perhaps a discussion of comfort factors and needs might be in order...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EchoSummers For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (29-11-2012)