+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Would it weird you out too?

My partner comes from a family that's not very affectionate so I've always felt that he's actually quite affectionate with me considering.

Lately though... He doesn't leave me alone. He is always touching me. Hugging me, kissing me, hands on me in some way. Sometimes sexual, sometimes not. But always touching me. I can't even walk past him without him trying to cuddle or kiss or something.

He is also saying he loves me all the time. Like... All the time. Previously it was something done you know, occasionally. Enough to be sufficient. Now it's several times an evening. It's always accompanied with other sappy love lines or touching.

Now... I know I sound like a b*tch cos who gets annoyed at their partner being affectionate? Well, I don't hate it but its so WEIRD. Like... Why is this happening? Why is he always touching me and saying love lines to me? What is going on?!

I'm also finding it somewhat irritating as I'm not really that much of a touchy person. My friends only get a hug when I'm either drunk or super happy or something. I don't hug people to greet them... I don't like being touched. So I spend most of my time accepting all this OTT affection through gritted teeth... Cos you know, I like cuddles as much as the next girlfriend, but I also like to be able to carry my washing into the laundry without being lovingly caressed and romanced with little love lines.

Am I just a horrible person for being a bit annoyed by it all? He'll even message me when I'm right there beside him to tell me he loves me!

Surely it'd be a bit sickly sweet and smothering to others too... Right?!

I also just want to know why he's doing it. No... Not cheating. No chance of that... He's either at work or I'm somewhere with him (or DD is). So... Wtf?! Why is he doing this all of a sudden?! (Been going on for maybe 2ish months now... And just getting worse...)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Pregnor  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

TBH, I'd be suspicious if my partner did that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Maybe cause you look so good he can't keep his hands off you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Is he wanting to make babies or something? Sounds weird if it's a new thing. My DP isn't overly affectionate either so I imagine I'd want to know what was behind it all if he suddenly changed.

Don't sound ungrateful either...I don't understand how people can handle getting constantly touched. Don't they get hot? Man, I'd be so sweaty all the time if DP was all up in my face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I get exactly what you mean, My dh comes from a family just like that and he is normally doesn't like to touch me too much (unless i am mad and than he can't help himself and only makes it worse) . He has gone through times like this. It normally when he has seen something eg, a friends wife dying/getting sick, A friend marriage on the rocks, feeling insecure for some reason etc...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

MinkyJ  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    maybe he's going to propose... that's what I'd be wondering. although my partner is like this 24/7.. I'm just irresistable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Would it weird you out too?

Mine is like this too. Not so much the little one liners but very touchy feely. I get annoyed too sometimes. He can never do a standard hug. Hands always have to wander.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Would it weird you out too?

I wish mine was like this :-(

Life; it's what happens when you're making other plans

12. The Following User Says Thank You to miztrezz For This Useful Post:

mamamel89  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe he's really realised what you mean to him....or....(and I don't want this to come across bad or anything so I hope you don't take it that way) maybe since you've lost weight you're more attractive to him now?

My husband's the same by the way...but a little less now that we've been together 6.5 years, but he's still very affectionate but then he was like that from day one (he's learned my boundaries a bit more now though). On one hand sometimes it can get a tad annoying because I'm not overly affectionate either. I was talking to my sister in law about it, saying how it can get annoying and she said, she can understand why but if he suddenly stopped then there'd be something seriously wrong. So now I think that a long as he's being all lovey dovey everything is right in the world
    Last edited by Deserama; 28-11-2012 at 16:37.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    maybe he's going to propose... that's what I'd be wondering. although my partner is like this 24/7.. I'm just irresistable
    Proposal was my first thought too, but if he's been doing it for 2 months, he's taking his time with it.