+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Step son HELP!!!

I have two gorgeous boys and my partner has one too. And we have an amazing baby girl together. My boys adore my partner but there are massive issues with my step son.

His mother hates both my partner and I. We even had to get a protection order against her which she has been breaching. It's not an easy situation.

For two and a half years I have been trying to make this family unit work. And the only difficult part about it is my partners son. He's so rude to me, refuses to listen to anything I say, plays my partner and I against each other, destroys my boy's toys, says nasty things about my puppy and about all of us.

He's only a child and I know his mother is in his ear saying nasty things too but I'm at a loss. I'm starting to feel like he will never accept us and more specifically, me. It's starting to cause so many problems. After putting in so much effort I'm always on edge when he's here. I'm scared there is no solution and it will drive a wedge between my partner and I

What do I do?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dont let him get to you. If he is too much to handle have your partner handle him. Maybe try to get to some family counseling to work this out. If mom is in his ear to try to destroy the relationship this will prob come out at counseling. Just be the bigger person kids are very smart and if mom is doing this he will see it and she will be the one to cop the attitude. He may be angry at you he may be being told you stole his dad, or you broke up the family just try not to act to hasty and get some counseling for your family.

If she is breaching the orders cant you call the police? Dont let it slide because it may get worse.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Step son HELP!!!

Thank you

We have been breaching her over and over. I don't know if anything has come of it. The whole situation was upsetting me so much that I asked my partner if he could deal with it until I'm back on my feet. We had our precious baby girl only 3 months ago and I don't feel like I've really been able to enjoy her because of everything else.

Why do ex's have to be so horrid!!! This split up 18 months before he and I even considered a relationship! They weren't even together a year. I just wish she would leave us be! I can't figure out how much of his behaviour is her doing and how much is just kids pushing boundaries!!! And I mean REALLY pushing boundaries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How old is he?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Step son HELP!!!

*they split up rather. I'm hormonal and forgot how to type!!! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Step son HELP!!!

He's 5. Is it typically a hard age??? My boys have coasted through terrible 2s etc without too much drama but I know every little one is different ... ?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Step son HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    How old is he?
    I'm guessing 4-5yo from the info given. Very young. Perhaps he's struggling with where he fits at your house?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Step son HELP!!!

I know that he feels like he misses out on time with the little lady when he's at his Mum's. So when we have him we try to do family things and make it quality time over quantity of time. We really thought that would be enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 can be a trying age, Please do consider counseling though I think it could help a lot. Maybe you can get more visits if you think he is missing the family or baby.
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 28-11-2012 at 11:10.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Step son HELP!!!

I think counseling is a really good idea thank you

Gosh it feels better just to say it out loud. I never wanted to be the evil step Mum. I hope it gets better soon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to earthlyangelic For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (28-11-2012)