+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default A change of attitude - Week 6, Day 1 - Blog 58

Well, well, well, week six already! This, my friends, marks the longest that I've actually made any kind of exercise/diet lifestyle change in ten years! We're on the home stretch of this challenge but at some point I stopped "aiming" for eight weeks. My thoughts go well beyond that now to a future with a healthier and fitter me.

It astounds me what a difference the last five weeks have made on my life, I'm six kilograms lighter yes but the biggest change for me has been on the inside. Mentally I'm in a much, much better head space. The seeds for some self-confidence that were planted five weeks ago have finally started to sprout. I'm still not all rah rah siss boom bah but I'm able to cheer myself on a bit! I've let go of the baby dream for now and I'm actually okay with that (more on that later).

One of the biggest changes is my attitude towards exercise, it used to be something I "had" to do but now it's something that I look forward to and enjoy. I spring out of bed at 5am (some mornings it's more of a roll than a spring!) and do an hour before work, when I get home from work I do the 23 minutes of Rush. I haven't skipped a workout and I don't want to.

I am "lucky" that I don't have children (if someone with kids said that, I would still think violent thoughts even with my new attitude, though! ). If I had kids then my routine wouldn't be able to be as predictable, I know this. It was a huge part of my decision to put off TTC. I need for these changes to become permanent and to stick. In order for that to happen, I need to prioritise myself and my health for now. I still yearn to have a baby but waiting till next year to start trying again is going to make a huge difference in allowing me to get to where I need to be.

Finally, a big clue as to my change of attitude. Last night a friend told me that she's sixteen weeks pregnant. For the first time in a long time (possibly ever!), I felt no sense of jealousy in this news. There was no little voice at the back of my head screaming "that's not fair! Why can't I be pregnant?". I am truly happy for her and I can't wait to meet her beautiful bub!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default A change of attitude - Week 6, Day 1 - Blog 59

So my new attitude was tested at work today. At morning tea one of the girls who is the same age as me (literally born on the same day) told me that she's 12 weeks pregnant. This time I did have that pang of "I want to have a baby" but not as much as I used to and I even managed to carry on a conversation with her about her pregnancy.

I am firm on the path that I have chosen. I am feeling good about myself and I will have a baby once I am fitter and healthier. This is my new mantra.
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 28-11-2012 at 23:33.