+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2year old day sleeps in big bed

My 2year old sleeps in a single bed at night time with no problems ( only takes about 5 goes for him to stay in his bed and go to sleep) but day sleeps are just a nightmare it can go on for over an hour and a half of him getting out and playing about then I get cranky and give up or resort to threatening to put him in the cot ( which is still set up as newborn is coming).
    When he does go into the cot he is straight to sleep. But I try and try and it doesn't work through the day I don't know what to do as I don't want to be using the cot as a punishment or for him to think that he can play up until I follow through with my words.
    On the other hand an hour and a half is really taking its toll on me I am due in a week and need that downtime for rest then I start to get upset thinking how am I going to go through this everyday with a newborn too. Your advice please would be fantastic

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I don't have advice really, as my 16mth old is the same. So I've given up and now just let him sleep in his little pull out couch during the day in the lounge. Hel sleep there for 2-3 hrs most days.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

If the cot is going to be for baby, I think you need to set that rule before it is born or you are going to have jealousy issues. Have to run will write longer later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

If you are due shortly you're going to need the cot so unless you have an alternative for the new bub (bassinet or travel cot) then don't make the cot an option any longer.

Its hard and its tiring and frustrating as h3ll i know as ive not long been thru it with my own 2yr old but she settled eventually and my persistence paid off and she now has 2-3hr day sleeps in her bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 2year old day sleeps in big bed

I found with my DSD that I would just leave her in her room for the nap time. If she got up to play I would leave her be. She was at least having quiet time. After she got over the novelty of being in her big girls bed during the day, she actually started sleeping. First couple of times she would fall asleep on the floor, but she now actually puts herself to bed for her day time naps now. She is 3. It didn't take forever, but I think being pregnant could make it feel even longer...

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub