+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds had terrible reflux. He went onto Mylanta with every feed for a 48 hour trial after I rang the Paed's rooms in tears at my wits end. The paed wasn't sure it was reflux over the phone, but within 24 hours my ds stopped screaming and even self settled ... I couldn't believe it! So, the paed gave us a script for Zantac. It does take a while for Zantac or Losec to work (a number of days or sometimes more) so be patient. Zantac is not a cure, it just eases some of the discomfort and makes the bad days less bad and less frequent. I won't sugar coat it, it was still hard for some time, but at least we could do something.

I personally don't think cutting out dairy makes a difference other than putting you (the mum) at risk of low Vitamin D & potentially Osteoporosis. Calcium and Vitamin D needs when you are breastfeeding are very high and I know personally that calcium tablets give me an upset tummy so I need Dairy. I think the most important thing as a mum of a reflux bub is to eat a good balanced diet to stay healthy & happy without increasing your stress levels by massively changing your diet. Heck, being a parent of a reflux baby is stressful enough. I know lots will disagree, but I thought I'd just share my opinion .

On a side note my dd (bubs #2) doesn't have reflux, so having one reflux bub does not mean you'll have another one ... and ds was pretty bad (stopped meds at 15 months and still has intermittent symptoms now at nearly 6 years of age!).

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We had zoton suspension so you mixed it in water then gave with a syringe