+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeping in the heat.

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone's LO's sleep better when it is hot?

In Adelaide it is really warming up and has been in the 30s for a few days now and we live in a solid brick house so inside it gets quite warm.

DDs room is usually about 24 degrees without the cooling on or anywhere between 21 and 23 with it on (we try and have it on for about 4-5 hours at night, but cant leave it going all night as its expensive and not good for the environment) Since it has been warmer she has been sleeping longer for her naps and at night walking up less. Could this be due to the heat?

I dress her in just a short sleeved button up suit with no legs and a 1 TOG sleeping bag. Is she maybe too warm? She's never sweaty though when I get her up.

I just want to make sure she isn't sleeping longer for a medical reason and that it's just how babies are in the heat?

It's 7:30 now and she's still asleep (she did have two wake ups for feeds last night, but slept through the night before). Just not sure if I should be concerned.

TIA!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Sleeping in the heat.

We are in adelaide too today and tomorrow are going to be scorchers mine are 4 and 2 and both sleep in wen its hot and from memory sleeped longer wen babies in heat also if i couldnt cool the room enough i would just use a tog without anything underneath or put them in bed just in a jumpsuit and wen they wake for feed slip them into the tog after that if it cools down during the night i always have gone by the tog temperture guide and they have always been fine

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Im in Adelaide too but havent put DD in a sleeping bag for a few nights now (shes 2) just some short pjs.

Depends on their age i think. DD is now enough to kick covers off if shes too warm or pull them over her if she gets cold.

DD has a split system in her room but ive just had it on fan mode all night

Th warmer weather may just make them more sleepy. Maybe try without the tog tonight but only if u dont have air con on

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

My 2yr old's day naps are huge now it's heating up. He slept for 3.5 hours yesterday and 3 hours the day before. Night are still the same though.

I think the heat during the day makes him a bit lethargic and sleepy.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sleeping in the heat.

Yep both my girls prefer being hot and sweaty when sleeping. I dress dd2 (5mths) in nappy/singlet with a muslin wrap and (2yo) in undies/singlet in the day and a nightgown at night.

We only use the fan on low to stir the air a bit.