+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Day - 36 Preparing myself for the influx of yummy fattening food.

Day - 36 Preparing myself for the influx of yummy fattening food.

My lovely mum bought my family a huge castle hamper for Christmas and it arrives tomorrow. In general the hamper is full of chocolates, chips and party food. As most of you know, we live in a double garage so storage space is almost non-existent. So where am I going to put all this food so 1) it is not tempting me and 2) where the kids can't see it and ask for it constantly.

OMG, I sound like an ungrateful twit. I am not I promise! My family will love all the food and I am very grateful I only need to buy the fresh fruit and veg. I just want to save it for actual Christmas and not be able see it in the mean time. So I am preparing my mind, and my shed, to put away all this food. I feel like I need to do a massive spring clean but I just don't have the time. And apparently mum is bringing to joeys (kangaroo's) here tomorrow to add into the craziness that will be my place!

Today has been a big day though, I have 3 sick kids and I am still not well, but I managed to fit in a Rush workout tonight. I wanted to do an exhilarate one as well but my daughter had a big asthma attack as I started. Needless to say I never got to finish it. Oh well, life happens and you just have to adjust to it. At least I got rush done. Hoping tomorrow bring with it good health for all my family and my extended family and we can get on with life.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Does your Mum have the space to store the non-perishable stuff at her house until christmas?

Sorry to hear that you and the kids have not been well. Take care of yourself, and push through if you aren't well. We still have a few weeks left, we don't need you breaking down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she's okay now.

You're doing an amazing job, Jenny! Try and put the bad foods in perspective in your mind. Do you really want to eat a packet of chips when it's worth an entire Exhilarate workout? This is a good thing, life is full of temptations so you need to be able to deal with that. If you hide the food this year, what happens next year? This is a lifelong change that you're making and I know that you are strong enough and committed enough to changing your life to deal with having some crap foods around you for the next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thanks guys, She has gone to school today, hopefully she will make it through the day. She was pleading to go, because if she doesn't go today she can't do her solo at the concert next week.

The food - I knew that I won't eat it, I just didn't want it there teasing me IYKIM. Anyhow mum decided to take all the yummy food home for dad. So now it's not tempting me or the kids. My freezer is chokers with a lot of chicken junk food so the kids might get a few special treat lunches over the holidays so I can get some room back for my OMAC (once a month cooking). I really miss not have healthy meals that I can just chuck in the oven and not look at until it is ready to serve. I know there healthy because I make them myself.
    Anyhow I am off to send my sister a parcel to cheer her up. She is going through a super hard time. She is my biggest supporter. She lives 4 hours away but we talk many times a day. I would never been able to do this with her love and support. I love ya Sis. So if you read this Sis check your mail in the next few days.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your sister is ok, I'm sure she feels blessed to have you as her sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Hope your sister is ok, I'm sure she feels blessed to have you as her sister.
    Honestly I am the lucky one to have her as my sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Awwwww, you're such a lovely person, Jenny!

Yay for the temptation being gone and hopefully you can get back to having your healthy meals in the freezer soon!