+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Choosing private or public hospital if having private health care?

hi,

i am not a permant residence here but got a private health care.if someone can guide me for all hospital expenses and how much can be claim back from health care.my due date is 04/05/2013. am not sure if am not permant residence i can use public hospital benfit ?how much will be the overhead charges after pmf of $2500 i have to pay to my OB.need to visit for my next scan in january.
    Last edited by purnima81; 27-11-2012 at 23:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Choosing private or public hospital if having private health care?

Hi!

I was on a 457 for a while so might be able to help you

Hve you checked if you have sered your waiting period for birth and obstetrics with your PHI? Usually it's 12 months that needs to have been served by your EDD.

Public is pretty much free and all included.
    Private would be your excess for the stay at the hospital + all OB costs (roughly 3 to 6k depending on the doctor) + scans + extra for peridural, pediatrician to check the baby etc. If you choose to go private, contact your PHI and ask for the list of hospitals that have an agreement with your insurance. It will help keep costs to a minimum.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Hi!

I was on a 457 for a while so might be able to help you

Hve you checked if you have sered your waiting period for birth and obstetrics with your PHI? Usually it's 12 months that needs to have been served by your EDD.

Public is pretty much free and all included.
    Private would be your excess for the stay at the hospital + all OB costs (roughly 3 to 6k depending on the doctor) + scans + extra for peridural, pediatrician to check the baby etc. If you choose to go private, contact your PHI and ask for the list of hospitals that have an agreement with your insurance. It will help keep costs to a minimum.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Hi,

already book by OB for private hospital.get soe money back like scan ,visit charge but from my phi but not sure what will be the hospital and other charges like there is pmf cost $2500 need to pay before 24 weeks in which nothing can be claim back from phi.not sure how much more will be there like this.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing private or public hospital if having private health care?

I have already selected the mercy hospital , was just wondering how much will be nearly out of pocket expenses if I go there like paedetrician , anesthetics or test , if any body know plz let me know will be great ,my phi will be paying for hospital cost but don't know approximately how much will I have to pay more there like hidden charges