+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation bleed or period?

Hi, I'm new to the forum (new to any forum actually!) but I am really hoping for some advice... (sorry i don't know any of the little abbreviations for words you guys use yet)

I have recently had an early diagnosis for PCOS from my GP and was due to go have have ultrasound etc... last Wednesday.
    Had a funny feeling I might be pregnant (cramping and sore breast) so did a HPT that morning and it was +. Cancelled ultrasound and have taken 3 more tests since, all positive.
    1st test was around 4 days before period due, although my cycle does vary between 25 and 30ish days. Each test since has been positive.
    Had small amount of brown spotting in underwear yesterday, thought it might be implantation bleed.
    Today it's different, turning red, a little heavier and the cramps feel more like the dull ache I get at the start of my period.

Anyone else experienced something like this? I'm booked into see my GP Thursday but any advice would be great. So confused....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Implantation bleed or period?

It really could be either. I know that's not the answer you were looking for.

Sleep on it tonight and see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully it will have gone away and turn out to be an implantation bleed. Or if it gets heavier then chances are it was a chemical pregnancy and it's the start of your period.

Either way good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woken up this morning and it's heavier, redder and a clot was also present when I wiped.
    I know it was early days but I am devastated. I wasn't even sure if I was ready to start a family but as soon asI got that first positive result I knew it was right.
    We were both so happy and I now I can'y stop the tears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by meg1 View Post
    Woken up this morning and it's heavier, redder and a clot was also present when I wiped.
    I know it was early days but I am devastated. I wasn't even sure if I was ready to start a family but as soon asI got that first positive result I knew it was right.
    We were both so happy and I now I can'y stop the tears.
    Hugs to you! It sounds like a chemical pregnancy which is what I had last cycle. It sucks so bad! All the best for u X

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 days still bleeding, bright red now. Sorry if this is TMI but I passed a funny looking clot last night, very very different to those I sometimes get during my period. Lighter in colour with grey mucus type parts to it.
    Couldn't help myself and I did another HPT a couple of hours before this happened and it was still positive although the 2nd line was barely there.
    I've read that there can still be hcg present even after a miscarriage / chemical pregnancy.
    This is going to be the longest day ever, I have my docs appointment tonight

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by meg1 View Post
    3 days still bleeding, bright red now. Sorry if this is TMI but I passed a funny looking clot last night, very very different to those I sometimes get during my period. Lighter in colour with grey mucus type parts to it.
    Couldn't help myself and I did another HPT a couple of hours before this happened and it was still positive although the 2nd line was barely there.
    I've read that there can still be hcg present even after a miscarriage / chemical pregnancy.
    This is going to be the longest day ever, I have my docs appointment tonight
    If u were 4 weeks-ish, pay no mind to that clot-at that early stage it would have been so so so small! I hope ur appointment went well x

Thanks
    Reviews

The clot looking thing would have been the sac. My red blood stopped 2 days after that. A preg stick will still be pos until brown blood stops about one week after losing sac. Sorry for your loss