+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Easy, yummy meals..

I am trying to gain weight too. I am only 42 and i hate it! Have never been bigger except when pregnant.

I got the my fitness pal app on my phone and tried counting calories . You can tell it you want to put on weight and it calculates what you should have. I was not having anywhere near enough and it was really helpful.

I am still not going to count on gaining weight although it would be nice to weigh 50.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Easy, yummy meals..

Quote Originally Posted by cealz View Post
    I am trying to gain weight too. I am only 42 and i hate it! Have never been bigger except when pregnant.

I got the my fitness pal app on my phone and tried counting calories . You can tell it you want to put on weight and it calculates what you should have. I was not having anywhere near enough and it was really helpful.

I am still not going to count on gaining weight although it would be nice to weigh 50.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I Downloaded the app! Thanks heaps its going to help me alot! I wasn't having anywhere near enough either! And knowing how much I need and knowing how much I'm actually having I think will make me try to get more calories each day! So like I'm trying to have more and more each day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are like me. Good to know I'm not the only one out there.

I live on pasta and have been 50kg since I was in high school. Since being pregnant I've only put on 8 kg and it's all baby. It's annoying but I'm starting to accept that's just how it's going to be.

I would say the only thing that will probably work for extra weight would be some weight training. Eating more doesn't really seem to help me; even if it's all carbs, but I did put a few extra kilos on when I did some weights.
    It's not going to be weight you see straight away but if you work at it, I believe the numbers will trickle up a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eating meals like Carbonara aren't going to help, it's just unhealthy & you can still have high cholesterol when your skinny. You need to try adding good fats to your diet, like olive oil, easiest way is to drizzle your food with olive oil or flaxseed oil, any of the 'good' oils, that way you'll get extra calories without having to eat more...