+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about your Pre-Labour..

So I'm currently 40+3 and have been having what I think are contractions for the past 24 hours, every 10 minutes or so and lasting approx 1 minute.

They feel mostly like sharp sharp period pain and are accompanied by tightening of my belly.

I'd like to know everyone else's pre-labour stories... Trying to get an idea of how long this might go on for!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohhhhh not long till you meet your little one - exciting!!!! ;o)

I was 40+2 when I got my first proper pains like you've described..My DH got RSI he says from writing down every contraction...and insisted on taking his A4 pages of scribble to show the midwife when we finally went to hospital (she giggled at him). I called the hospital once the contractions were 5mins apart for at least 2 hours (such a rule follower is my DH) midwife agreed that I should go in and get checked.
    My waters hadn't broken and baby wasn't even engaged! So my contractions weren't doing anything to progress the labour as her head wasn't pushing on my cervix to open anything up. Once they broke my water things moved more quickly and then they counted it as active labour...up until then it was pre-labour...so for me pre-labour was about 36 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Karen! I was 1-2cm dilated last week at my OB checkup, but like you bub isn't engaged yet (not fully- 3/5). I am going in to be induced on Friday morning (waters broken and low dose synto) but hoping it will progress before then!
    I can handle 36 hours... I just need them to get closer together!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think technically I was still considered to be in "pre-labour" after I'd been having very strong contractions 2mins apart (lasting about 60+ seconds) for almost 12 hrs! When they told me I was barely 3cm I wanted to give up, lol. My OB was surprised as considering how strong my contractions were he was expecting I'd be much further along. At that point I got an epidural as I was so exhausted, that got things moving and DD was born 5.5hrs later with the help of forceps (she's a stubborn little miss!).

Initially contractions started out like yours - kind of painful and about 10mins apart. It took about 18-20hrs for it to get to 2mins apart.

From the start of contractions to DD being born was about 34hrs.

Good luck! Hope you avoid induction and bub decides to join the outside world very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

With my third my contractions started 8pm on the Friday night only 10-12 mins apart lasting from 30secs to 1 minute. They went until 2.30am Sunday morning where they became stronger and closer together I had him 8.27pm Sunday night.
    so good luck! It sounds promising!
    I was 40+1

Thanks
    Reviews

Ouchie Cue- 2 mins apart for 12 hours!

At the moment they are still about 10 mins apart 1 min duration. 29 hours and counting....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there, it can't go on forever!
    Looking forward to hearing about your little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

With DS1 I woke up with pains at like 2am. I thought nothing of it, but when I woke up at 7-8am they were still there. They kept going until I was admitted to hospital that evening at 11pm. I had nothing happen before this day so it was something as a shock to me, as I heard pre labour went on for days.

DS2 was kind of the opposite. I had pains on and off for about a week before things started.
    I woke up at 4am and felt pains. They came and fizzled out several times and by the evening they were sticking about, 10mins apart and lasted a minute. It went on like that until about 5pm the next day. I was afraid I wouldn't have the energy to push, as even if the contractions were 10mins apart the pain and pressure so took the breath out of me. Lucky for me though, he was a quick delivery when it was time to push.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Tell me about your Pre-Labour..

I didn't know that I was in pre-labour.... Or labour at all for that matter

Good luck! You aren't far off meeting you baby
    Last edited by atomicmama; 27-11-2012 at 21:19.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Ouchie Cue- 2 mins apart for 12 hours!

At the moment they are still about 10 mins apart 1 min duration. 29 hours and counting....
    Yeah it was pretty full on! I got there in the end

Try to rest now!