+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you keep your hot, Houdini baby cool in summer?

DD is almost 4 months and can get out of any wrap. We were using a mum2mum swaddle with the inside and outside arm flaps with success but it's way too hot for that now. And even that she would manage to get all messed up.

She keeps herself awake all night if her arms are out or even up near her head in a love to dream swaddle. I just bought a lite one hoping she'd grown out of the constant face scratching/eye rubbing/fist chewing but nope.

I've been wrapping her in muslin square the past few nights but she always manages to get out of it after a while! I really think I'm doing a good job of swaddling too, not sure I could do it any better.

Any tips? Should I just stop wrapping her altogether and hope that after a while she'll get over it? She's a really poor sleeper as it is so I'm a bit reluctant to do something that'll make things worse ahhh.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD was a Houdini also. The only one that she would stay was the wrap me up. In this one they have their hands up IFYKWIM? Anyway she could scratch her face and suck her hands and not hurt herself. The little hands were always soggy but she loved it. I think she just hated having her arms strapped to her body. The wrap me up comes in a lite version for summer too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pippi For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, I just got the lite wrap me up but she wakes herself up constantly in it! Ahhh. It worked so well when she was little.

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe just move her to a sleeping bag then? From memory I did it at about 5-6 months but they are all different. Should only take a few days for her to get used to

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was a Houdini too!! what is it about babies and getting out of wraps!? I stopped wrapping her around 4 and half 5 months as it was getting too hot and she started to not like it.
    Your bub might be ready... I had to go back and forth for a couple of weeks (if she was cranky and tiered id wrap her otherwise not) anyway she got the hang of things and not sleeps on her side hugging a muslin wrap...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I use a long 0.5x2m muslin and mummy wrap dd2. Mind you she is only in a singlet and nappy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried a Woombie? My little monkey couldn't escape her Woombie and they have some great new summer type designs too (with mesh & stuff).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Woombies are the best!