Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Warning Labels On Fast Food

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Me *raises hand*
    You are not the only person who enjoys the taste of junk food Caz. Dont feel like a fool.
    I love the taste of junk food too. I allow myself a cheat day each week. And if it happened to be maccas i was craving that week, id eat it

Ive been doing that for over 4 months now and still managed to lose 17kg.

Junk food is OK, in moderation.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

For, but not labels like that one. I quite like the traffic light system. They use that at a couple of food courts I get lunch at and it really does make me think twice about what I'm getting. I think it makes it nice and easy for kids to grasp as well, so if you are out for lunch you can say 'ok, you can get whatever green sign food you want' or if you're out for a treat maybe 'you can have a red food as big as the palm of your hand'

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    See, I dont think Im 'addicted' ...I just like the taste and if I want it, I have it. I know it has basically no nutritional value and is full of this that an the other, but I choose to ingest it because I want to.
    I truly believe I am addicted. Stupid thing is I have given it up many times. I've done lots of fitness challenges in the past, usually 3 month long ones, and don't touch any fast food while I'm doing it, so I've broken the addiction many times, but I always go back to it, I don't know why I do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Warning Labels On Fast Food

See, I dont think Im 'addicted' ...I just like the taste and if I want it, I have it. I know it has basically no nutritional value and is full of this that an the other, but I choose to ingest it because I want to.
    Oh absolutely. I'm just saying there are some people who eat it daily and hate themselves for doing it but can't stop. I'm like you. If I want an occasional unhealthy treat, I'll eat it. It's not an addiction thing for me either. Usually it's more a convenience thing for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I truly believe I am addicted. Stupid thing is I have given it up many times. I've done lots of fitness challenges in the past, usually 3 month long ones, and don't touch any fast food while I'm doing it, so I've broken the addiction many times, but I always go back to it, I don't know why I do it.
    Maybe its cause your banning it and it just makes u want it more? If u told urself u can have once a week or once a fortnight u might find it a more realistic goal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donkey.

If a person already has obese kids who look like that, then why would something like that phase them? Surely if looking at their OWN kids doesn't deter them, then how would looking at other kids do anything?

And conversely, if they don't have kids who look like that, then they will just think "yeah but mine won't end up like that because they only have a small fries/only have it twice a week/only drink water" or something like that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post

I'm not sure if I'm for or against....Do the pictures on cigarettes really work?
    This is slightly off topic but I just have to share it with someone as it was really just a moment....

I work in a supermarket. Last night I sold a man a packet of cigarettes. He, like afew customers do, ask us to swap them for another pack because they don't like the picture. We refuse this request because a) it's pathetic, and b) now with the new cig laws we are not supposed to swap them, I mean that's the whole purpose of the labels, that they show people the nasty effects they can have.

Anyway, this man's cigs had the premmie baby picture on it. He asked me to swap, I said no. He got angry and demanded to speak to my manager. Manager came down and refused also. The man then explained that he cannot have the pack with the premmie baby, because he was buying them for his wife, who is pregnant, so she cannot smoke that packet as they might make her baby ill. We stood there like this and as we refused to swap them he then demanded we refund them so he can try again at a different supermarket.

So. Even with warning labels, there are still plenty of idiots like this ^^ that just. don't. get it.
    Last edited by CMF; 27-11-2012 at 17:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    This is slightly off topic but I just have to share it with someone as it was really just a moment....

I work in a supermarket. Last night I sold a man a packet of cigarettes. He, like afew customers do, ask us to swap them for another pack because they don't like the picture. We refuse this request because a) it's pathetic, and b) now with the new cig laws we are not supposed to swap them, I mean that's the whole purpose of the labels, that they show people the nasty effects they can have.

Anyway, this man's cigs had the premmie baby picture on it. He asked me to swap, I said no. He not angry and demanded to speak to my manager. Manager came down and refused also. The man then explained that he cannot have the pack with the premmie baby, because he was buying them for his wife, who is pregnant, so she cannot smoke that packet as they might make her baby ill. We stood there like this and as we refused to swap them he then demanded we refund them so he can try again at a different supermarket.

So. Even with warning labels, there are still plenty of idiots like this ^^ that just. don't. get it.
    What?!?!?!? Wow.... just wow haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thats insane cmf. Not quite sure what else to say about that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure to be honest.

First of all, to anyone that is feeling guilty reading this thread... please don't. McDonalds etc are fillied with additives that are known to be addictive. Also, the marketing is everywhere, the convenience is highly appealing, the cost 'relatively' low.... what's not tempting about that?

Personally, I would like to see councils start putting a limit on the number of outlets within a certain radius. But again, it probably wouldn't make much impact, just make places busier.

I have a huge dislike for mass produced factory food in general. Our society is getting sicker and sicker, and obesity is just another symptom of this in my opinion. In fact, weight gain is probably one of the less worrying symptoms.

It's a big problem that is only getting worse for all the reasons above and more.

Add to that the confusion in people's minds about what a healthy diet actually looks like and it's no wonder people give up.

For example, I don't believe that saturated fat is as bad as people make it out to be... the real bad guys are the trans fats. *Please be nice lol*

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast