• Donkey vote cos I honestly wouldnt care one way or the other

11 29.73%
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I feel really sorry for you, That you can't see beauty in obese people. You are the one that is really missing out.
    Now if you said you can't see any beauty in obesity that is one thing but to say you see no beauty in the person as a whole, is saying a hell of a lot more about you than them.

Beauty is not just the outside shell, it also comes from with in. I can honestly say I can see beauty in everyone.

I am so very sorry that you felt that way when you were larger but I can tell you that I didn't/don't let my weight stop me from being involved in my kids life. They would rather I was there and being fat and all, than stay at home and hide.
    I was talking physically sorry wording fail on my part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    This is me about 12 months ago. According to bmi, I am obese in this picture.

I think bmi is a load of crap!
    I dont know much about BMI but you dont look obese there.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I also find the notion that someone can only be beautiful depending on their weight incredibly shallow and very sad.

There are a lot of things I personally find more unattractive than fat. Generosity, kindness, empathy, compassion, intelligence, wit - all far more beautiful things than someone's physical weight.

My mother is fat. I, the rest of my family and all her friends are capable of finding beauty in her despite this. She is far more beautiful to me than any person who would say that she is horrid because of her weight.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Benji  (28-11-2012),delirium  (28-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (28-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (28-11-2012),Purple Lily  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    When you're large it's exactly what you feel.
    Also the fatter you are, the more unhealthy you are and well.. unhealthiness isn't attractive really. Physically and mentally (mentally meaning emotionally, attitudes etc)
    not true at all!
    I am 77 kilos, my sister is over 100 and she is ALOT and fitter than me,
    I dont see beauty as having to be skinny!
    a big person can be beautiful, that does not mean hey obesity is gorgeous go out and eat 10 cheese burgers a day it simply means a BIG person CAN be beautiful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovemyfam - you are doing a lot of comparing to overeating/obesity and addiction to smoking and alcohol or drugs.

Addictions to smoking, alcohol and drugs have huge, often government sponsored initiatives to combat them (methadone clinics anyone?). The government spends millions every year on anti smoking and responsible drinking campaigns. Alcohol and tobacco companies are tasked with including warnings and health damages on their products. Why should fast food (often with barely any discernible nutritional content) be excluded from these initiatives?

There are so many government sponsored programs to help people quit smoking (iPhone alps, support lines, government rebates for anti smoking products). What do compulsive overeater have? One phone number for the get healthy line.

These people are the ones who are expected to combat their addiction on their own, not the smokers or the drinkers. And thats not fair.

Your message is all over the place. You think compulsive eaters should just stop but then rail that smokers are expected to just stop? What are you talking about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Warning Labels On Fast Food

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I dont know much about BMI but you dont look obese there.
    http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b....nsf/pages/bmi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Lovemyfam - you are doing a lot of comparing to overeating/obesity and addiction to smoking and alcohol or drugs.

Addictions to smoking, alcohol and drugs have huge, often government sponsored initiatives to combat them (methadone clinics anyone?). The government spends millions every year on anti smoking and responsible drinking campaigns. Alcohol and tobacco companies are tasked with including warnings and health damages on their products. Why should fast food (often with barely any discernible nutritional content) be excluded from these initiatives?

There are so many government sponsored programs to help people quit smoking (iPhone alps, support lines, government rebates for anti smoking products). What do compulsive overeater have? One phone number for the get healthy line.

These people are the ones who are expected to combat their addiction on their own, not the smokers or the drinkers. And thats not fair.

Your message is all over the place. You think compulsive eaters should just stop but then rail that smokers are expected to just stop? What are you talking about?
    No what I was saying is that we expect smokers and drinkers to but not compulsive eaters although this thread has given me some things to think about regarding food addiction some very good points in here from both sides of the fence. I do agree that more help does need to be given you have a good point there. I have never gone looking for food addiction help programs knowing there is non now your right its not fair.

I was just making an observation on society and how they treat smokers and drinkers in relation to how we treat obese people. I dont think just stopping is easy for any addiction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No what I was saying is that we expect smokers and drinkers to but not compulsive eaters although this thread has given me some things to think about regarding food addiction some very good points in here from both sides of the fence. I do agree that more help does need to be given you have a good point there. I have never gone looking for food addiction help programs knowing there is non now your right its not fair.

I was just making an observation on society and how they treat smokers and drinkers in relation to how we treat obese people. I dont think just stopping is easy for any addiction.

I think society treats obese people like **** too,
    I am obese and people think it is acceptable to comment, Dp's friends make nasty comments to him about how "fat' I am now

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I know what you were saying. Im saying you're wrong.

NO ONE expects smokers and alcoholics to just stop. Hence all the government backed programs, initiatives and warnings on packing.

YOU and so many others expect compulsive eaters and obese people to just stop which is why there is barely any support for this addiction.

And if you think obesity is accepted and welcomed in society then you're either clueless or stirring again. You've said yourself when you were obese that you didn't want to participate in activities with your kids for fear of them being made fun of. Which proves that you KNOW its not accepted and that obese people are treated like rubbish!
    Last edited by WineTime; 28-11-2012 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Society is cruel about weight no matter what end of the scale you are on and it's disgraceful in any form. According to my BMI I am very underweight. I don't appreciate being told to eat a burger any more than a larger person being told to mix in a salad!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Benji  (28-11-2012),LoveLivesHere  (28-11-2012)