+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this self settling??

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to get a few thoughts on whether my baby is self settling or not.

Our normal routine is . Change nappy, have a bottle (ebm), in dim room with her sleep music on, and then I sit her up to burp her, give her a little pat on her back and then lay her down in the cot and walk out. Sometimes she is pretty much asleep on the bottle , sometimes she is wide awake and might have a little grizzle in her cot for a few minutes.

But she won't settle to sleep if the bottle part isn't included.

I normally time her bottle to match her sleep time, but if we were out or off track and she needs to sleep, she wont settle without the bottle. So sometimes I have to just give her 50mls.

I know she goes to sleep without being patted or rocked etc but she does still rely on the bottle to wind down as part of the routine.

any tips on maybe getting her to go down without the bottle?

She is 4 months old.

Thanks

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd stick with the bottle to get her to wind down. She's only 4 months old so still only little. Seems normal to me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like your doing a great job. My 13month old still has a similar routine as that. Whatever works :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Does bub have a dummy? If she was just wanting to suck to relax when out then maybe a dummy would do the trick if you were open to that. Otherwise that sounds like great little routine for sleep time

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she doesn't have a dummy, i wish she would take one because i think that is all she likes is a bit of a suck sometime but she just can't keep it in her mouth.

Thanks for the tip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

That is self settling. We do the same with DD. mainly as she won't sleep if she's even just a little hungry, she needs to be full to sleep, but she's awake when I leave the room 95% of the time she is awake then puts herself to sleep.