+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our 3 are all getting DS's. They can only play with it as much as you allow! I bought ours DS's as we do a lot of long distance car travel in the year (at least 3 x 28hr return trips). Also DD1 is at dancing 6 hours a week, and the other 2 have to wait with me so I figure they deserve a bit of entertainment.

Otherwise a lot of books and clothes really. I got a lot of stocking stuffers from the Australian Geographic shop this year, awesome stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    Otherwise a lot of books and clothes really. I got a lot of stocking stuffers from the Australian Geographic shop this year, awesome stuff.
    I LOVE Australian Geographic Shop!

DS (7) is getting a bike and a Wii with Skylanders this year. Originially he was getting a bike and a camera but he asked Santa for one thing this year- which was a playstation and Skylanders so I relented. I can't wait til Christmas morning- it's going to be magical!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What are you getting your kids for Christmas??

Lol I buy my DP's stocking fillers from the geographic shop! They have some great stuff PAC man mug etc..

I got my brother who has Down syndrome he's 26 but mind of a 6-8 yo sometimes older Cinderella on blue ray and the Harry potter spells game? I think it is anyway its by the same person who did Harry potter. We also got him a globe he loves looking up places of the world and telling us where our next holiday should be as a family. My mum got him a work belt?! To put a tape measure, hammer etc because he likes to help my dad in the shed etc.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are you getting your kids for Christmas??

The girls are getting dressups (mermaid & fairy dress), puzzle books, pillow pets, a DVD each and a couple of small things for stocking. Then dd1 gets a plush Cinderella doll (her own request) and Lego. Dd1 gets a plush Shrek doll (her request) and a lalaloopsy doll. I might pick up one or two more small things but... Last year we went a bit silly with a big pile of stuff and it didn't really make the day special. There was just too much stuff. So this year is more low-key.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are you getting your kids for Christmas??

I don't really know yet...

DS has asked for a fire truck, so when we go to Brisbane I will look for a good quality one. (Only big w cheap stuff in my town).
    He also starts Kindy next year, and he has been eyeing off all the backpacks and pencil cases and lunch boxes with excitement, so I'm thinking of getting him those, being that it's the only year I'll be able to get away with giving him school stuff for Christmas.

I bought this for DD (2yrs)
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1354053632.708268.jpg
    She's tiny! I'm going to make some more clothes for her to try and dress the dolly.

Only problem is DS saw it the other day, so Santa will have to think of something new to get her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was given a DS for her 4th birthday (against my wishes) and it hasn't been that bad. She learnt very quickly that getting upset when I say it is time to put it away just means it stays away for longer. She actually hasn't played it for ages, she's more interested in the iPod she got for her 5th birthday (again against my wishes... *sigh*).

For christmas she wants a Wii so I think Santa will bring that. I am also giving her a basketball ring for the backyard, totem tennis, some board games and some books. She hates getting clothes as presents so to wind her up I might get her some t-shirts

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are you getting your kids for Christmas??

My 5 year old : a backpack (for school next year in a design he loves) a Lego sorter, some books about his favourite subject. Plus probably a couple chocolate coins or Santa's etc

As others say, whether it's appropriate or not is up to you and your family. Personally, im delaying any and all kind of electronic gaming consoles for as longgggg as possible. I know once he's older there will be plenty of time for that type of thing, but while he's young I like to get him "little kids" types of things.

Hes none the wiser.
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 28-11-2012 at 08:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 2 and is getting a sandpit, tonka truck, golf set, enid blyton books, dvd, beach towel, blocks, sandpit toys..i think thats it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's an appropriate gift. If you want to limit her time on it just set guidelines. I'll be getting my boys a Wii U and we are all quite excited for it!