+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are you getting your kids for Christmas??

And how old are they? My 5 y.o. DD wants a Nintendo DS...is that appropriate for that age? Her cousin has one and hes glued to it all day long. I dont want that for my kids, plus her lil bro will definitely want to play too. Im getting our 6 month old some developmental toys and a walker-any suggestions?

We have a 5 y.o. DD, 3 y.o. DS, and 6 m.o. DD2...grandma is doing bikes, legos for our boy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Our girls are 3 and a half and we got a cubby house, swing set, toy box filled with costume stuff and I also just ordered a mini t-ball set and soccer goals. They spend a lot of time playing outside.

Haven't got anything for the newby yet (still yet to arrive...), was going to get a play mat but was just given one.

I probably wouldn't get my 5 year old a DS but I'm sure a lot of parents would.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

What's appropriate is up to you. If you buy her a DS and don't want her on it all the time, then maybe just give her an allocated time that she's allowed to play it and then take it off her.

My boys are 3&7 and they're getting an android tablet each, a trampoline, light sabers, those bouncy balls that you sit on, a few board games and DVDs, Lego. I can't remember what else lol.

Remembered some other stuff - a totem soccer set, trashies - grandparents are doing bikes.
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 27-11-2012 at 10:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like pp said its up to you if its appropriate or not. I personally wouldnt get things like that because i want to encourge them to play more outside but i know DH will definelty get DS and DD one as soon as they show interests in them lol.
    DS is almost 2 and DD is newborn. We getting out door swing set, pirate ship, thomas train set and little bits amd pcs for DS and DD will get some first xmas teddy bears and some clothes.
    Also i got them both a funky monkey handmade by a hubber from socks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are you getting your kids for Christmas??

Ds is getting
    Sand pit, 2 take along Thomas trains, scooter, 2 normal Thomas trains, wooden tracks for his trains, random other things which I have no idea cos I forgot I lay buyed them and a tablet,
    He is 2 1/2.

He has his fathers old dsi lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My girls are older (11 & 8), we are getting them theme park year passes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-xkwzit For This Useful Post:

Pina Colada  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ds4 is getting a bike from us, Lego and cricket set from grandparents and skateboard from his uncle.
    I was planning a table and chairs for dd 1 but at the bike shop today she fell in love with a trike.... So maybe that

Thanks
    Reviews

My girls are getting lalaloopsey, new bike, doodle bear, barbie, pillow pet, toy laptop, vtech writing pad, outdoor setting & see saw!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A DS sounds fine to me. I'd just limit the time she can use it for.

I have a 2.5 year old who is getting a kitchen and things to go with the kitchen + a stocking full of other small stuff.

Our 10 month old DS is getting a Little Tikes activity garden which has all sorts of things on it so I hope he likes it!!

Thanks
    Reviews

DS got a DS fit his 6th birthday. At first it was a struggle to get him to do anything else, but after a few weeks the novelty wore off & now he may not ask for it for weeks at a time.

Plus a DS is an excellent punishment aid! No DS for a week is the most used punishment in this house- even if he hasn't touched it in month, it still has the desired result.