+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH is fussy so I don't cook. There's no point, he won't like anything. So I let him cook most of the time. He's not a good cook, but he does ok. I'm not fussy so whatever works for me On the odd occassion I do cook, I just do meat and 3 veg (mash potato, brocolli and carrot generally) or a pasta bake with a bought sauce.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    The most annoying thing about my DH's fussiness is that when you ask what he wants for dinner/lunch/where he wants to eat, he says; "Oh I don't mind. I like anything."

No. No you don't.

My partners the same! He's a vegetarian because he 'doesn't like the taste of meat'. I don't have a problem with people who have strong views about animal cruelty or whatever and that's why they're veggos, but jeesus, he'll eat ham but not bacon, and fish. That's it.

I'm sugar free but I love chicken and beef and ham, etc. I went paleo for a few weeks earlier in the year and we couldn't agree on a single meal to cook or place to go out to eat. In the end I gave up paleo eating so that I could actually cook a meal for us both.

He does the same thing 'oh ill eat anything, I love everything you cook,'. Not True! I made a gorgeous zucchini rice for him and he hated it. I offered to make him bacon and eggs for brekkie and he said no thanks I don't like bacon. That was news to me. It's damned frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

I never muck around with allergies, and I never muck around with people that I don't know extremely well. I mostly do it cause I am actually interested in psychology and just how much of an effect the mind can have on the body. it bugs me when he doesn't like certain brands because I do the groceries and it irks me to spend so much on something like toilet paper.

My dhs nana will only let my dh make her coffee when he is around. If my fil makes her one she gags and refuses to drink it. I watched my fil make nana a coffee one day before nana noticed and told him to tip it out and get dh to make it. Dh pretended to tip it out and make it again but then served her the coffee my fil made. Nana raved about how good that coffee was all afternoon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I never muck around with allergies, and I never muck around with people that I don't know extremely well. I mostly do it cause I am actually interested in psychology and just how much of an effect the mind can have on the body. it bugs me when he doesn't like certain brands because I do the groceries and it irks me to spend so much on something like toilet paper.

My dhs nana will only let my dh make her coffee when he is around. If my fil makes her one she gags and refuses to drink it. I watched my fil make nana a coffee one day before nana noticed and told him to tip it out and get dh to make it. Dh pretended to tip it out and make it again but then served her the coffee my fil made. Nana raved about how good that coffee was all afternoon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I can imagine that might get annoying but that's actually sweet that she loves your DH's coffee so much. It's lovely he'll always have that little bond

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Are they the only foods he doesn't like? Or are there more and thats just a sample? I dont reckon thats too bad really, you could get around the tomato thing by just cooking something separate for him, or he could make his own dinner that night. Or eat leftovers that he likes maybe?

I use Rick Steins beef stroganoff recipe. No tomato past, just paprika and so nice.

ETA I can understand not liking 2 minute noodles. They taste like cardboard, im pretty sure they're not food.
    They're the foods he flat out refuses to eat.

I LOVE 2 minute noodles!!! Mmmmm ... Mi Goreng goodness

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    My Df doesn't eat mushrooms or anything he classifies as "trees" - broccoli, cauliflower, green leafy veg other than salad. I'm a bit like - eat it, don't eat it, pick around it, make a sandwich, there's bread and jam.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    That's what I do too. I'm not going to miss out on things I enjoy, if I'm the one cooking then I'll cook what I want with what I want. Hubby is fully aware of what I use, he can either eat it or not. He doesn't eat zucchini either, I still use it in the vast majority of my pasta dishes (in the sauce, it makes it so creamy). I don't let it control me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tannedangel For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread has made me realise how fussy I can be whooops haha not with food, I'll pretty much eat anything when it comes to meat/vegies.

But I'll only use one type of toilet paper, tooth paste, body wash, I only like weetbox and not the homebrand version (I swear they taste different), I only like Brownes Hilo milk and get annoyed when DH buys another version, I hate lollies that aren't Allens and chocolate that isn't cadbury. Oh god I wonder how annoyed my DH gets at me?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't put brands in the same category - I am fussy about the brands of certain staples I buy. Tinned tomatoes are a good example of this. As are tissues and toilet paper (sometimes).

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's that Sex and the city episode were Carrie says she is allergic to parsley when she just doesn't like it. I think that's why some people "test" allergies, which is so dangerous.
    Im vegeterian and have had people lie about stocks etc. its just mean.

I didn't like the tuna story, I always buy ethically farmed tuna (not for me!). And would hate to be lied to about it. Same goes for eggs

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (27-11-2012),mousky  (27-11-2012)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    closed for cleaning

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (27-11-2012)