+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

See i don't like full cream milk. I only like trim in my fridge. I think it tastes different and i just like it. Same with weetbix. Dh eats about 12weetbix a day but doesn't mind homebrand, yet i think there is a difference in taste so i dont eat them that often, just when real weetbix are on special.

I dont think there is anything.g wrong with liking certain brands or having certain ways of doing things, my husband hates onion,mushrooms, anything chunky but doesn't mind if i can get it in without him noticing he just doesn't want to see it. Like if i.make bolognaise i dice everything finely but sometimes i have left things out completely and just had meat and sauce and he has said its boring, so he doesn't mind the flavour, just the texture of chunky food.

I think if my husband didn't like colgate i would roll my eyes and just get a diff brand. He wouldn't have to make up an excuse like getting ulcers just to use a toothpaste he prefers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

tannedangel  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

[text deleted by moderator]

I fill my DS drink bottle with water before putting in some apple juice. He has no idea. I dont like him having to much juice, so it a win win.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 27-11-2012 at 14:39. Reason: refers to deleted text

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    How do people cope with fussy partners? A friend of mine is so darn fussy I actually have no idea how his wife manages to cook. If my DP were fussy I would have to seriously consider simply not cooking for him as it would drive me bonkers! Give me salmon! Give me broccollini!
    I wouldn't cook for him. I'm lucky my DH eats everything. I think if someone else is doing to the cooking you should be grateful and shut up and eat it. That said obviously food intolerances / allergies etc should be respected. But seriously grown ups not eating a wide variety of foods because they think they don't like it? Cook for yourself!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Benji  (27-11-2012),cluckcluck  (27-11-2012),tannedangel  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS ate "chicken rings" aka Calamari for years cause he didnt like anything fishy ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    How do people cope with fussy partners? A friend of mine is so darn fussy I actually have no idea how his wife manages to cook. If my DP were fussy I would have to seriously consider simply not cooking for him as it would drive me bonkers! Give me salmon! Give me broccollini!
    The most annoying thing about my DH's fussiness is that when you ask what he wants for dinner/lunch/where he wants to eat, he says; "Oh I don't mind. I like anything."

No. No you don't.

Here's a short list of things he doesn't like:

Tomato (of any kind. Won't even eat stroganoff because one time he saw me put half a teaspoon of tomato paste in)
    Banana
    Choko
    Zuchinni
    Eggplant
    Yoghurt
    Cherries
    Pizza (even with a non-tomato base)
    Green beans
    Cooked pink fish (e.g salmon)
    2 minute noodles

On the other hand, here is a list of foods I don't like:

Pâté

That's it. There are other foods I've tried which aren't my favourites, but pâté is the only one I simply will not eat. And he thinks I'M fussy!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    My father got us all eating rice as kids as he called it "Chinese Spaghetti". We wouldn't touch it initally but once he called it that we ate it by the bucket load.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (27-11-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

[text deleted by moderator]

Actually DP made me a milo the other week with full cream milk. I don't know of he was intentionally trying to pass it off as skim (he likes us to eat the same things) but it made me so sick and now he understands why I refuse full cream milk.

I sneak mushrooms in food and don't tell DP, but he always finds them.
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 27-11-2012 at 14:39. Reason: refers to deleted text

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    The most annoying thing about my DH's fussiness is that when you ask what he wants for dinner/lunch/where he wants to eat, he says; "Oh I don't mind. I like anything."

No. No you don't.

Tomato (of any kind. Won't even eat stroganoff because one time he saw me put half a teaspoon of tomato paste in)
    Banana
    Choko
    Zuchinni
    Eggplant
    Yoghurt
    Cherries
    Green beans
    2 minute noodles

Pâté

That's it. There are other foods I've tried which aren't my favourites, but pâté is the only one I simply will not eat. And he thinks I'M fussy!!!!
    The tomato would do my head in. I don't know what I'd cook if I didn't cook with tomatoes. And we loooooove pizza. That would be tough too. DD2 hates pizza and we love getting pizza on takeaway night so it's soooooo annoying as I usually have to make her something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How frustrating Shoopuf! My friend said exactly the same thing when they came over to our house - 'we eat anything'... oh, you mean apart from veges that aren't turned into potato chips, fruit, fish, or properly cooked (and not burnt to a crisp) meat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post

No. No you don't.

Banana
    Choko
    Zuchinni
    Eggplant
    Yoghurt
    Cherries
    Green beans
    2 minute noodles

Pâté

Are they the only foods he doesn't like? Or are there more and thats just a sample? I dont reckon thats too bad really, you could get around the tomato thing by just cooking something separate for him, or he could make his own dinner that night. Or eat leftovers that he likes maybe?

I use Rick Steins beef stroganoff recipe. No tomato past, just paprika and so nice.

ETA I can understand not liking 2 minute noodles. They taste like cardboard, im pretty sure they're not food.
    Last edited by WineTime; 27-11-2012 at 13:13.