+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Not so much practical things like that, but I do like to challenge the closed-minded things my extended family sometimes say to me. For example, when I am asked by old biddies why I am not married and what's wrong with me, I say something like "oh I just prefer to sleep around" and things like that. The reactions are priceless!
    I've done something like that with my dad. During one of his 'watch out because guys are all after the one thing' speeches, I asked "But what if I'm just after that thing as well?" Then step back and watch the awkwardness

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

ohhhhhh yes!!! I pass off risoni as rice all the time!! lol

mum refuses to eat pasta because she 'doesn't like it' but will rave on about some of my 'rice' dishes haha

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I've done the coffee one. You know where people say to put the milk in first because if you put the hot water in it burns the coffee and it tastes different? Yeh well it doesn't. I've tested the theory out on unsuspecting people MANY TIMES. It really really doesn't taste any different whether you put the milk or water in first.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

angelini  (28-11-2012),Cleigh  (27-11-2012)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Haha I do this sort of thing to my friend all the time. When he and I lived together last year I kept making this pasta stir fry thing which he "loved the little meat bits" in it... They were tofu ^____^ told him once and he wouldn't eat it again
    Also sneak tomato and mushroom into his food all the time, though he's adamant that he doesn't like them. He's even starting to admit that he likes sauce now when before he never would touch it lol.
    In return he's tried feeding me homebrand frozen veggies saying its the same as all the other brands. No it's not *vomits*. He tricked me with homebrand chicken nuggets though and now I like them.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Yep I've done the coffee one. You know where people say to put the milk in first because if you put the hot water in it burns the coffee and it tastes different? Yeh well it doesn't. I've tested the theory out on unsuspecting people MANY TIMES. It really really doesn't taste any different whether you put the milk or water in first.
    Oh I do that to my brother all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

My dad used to try and make me eat kangaroo all the time and it never worked.

DP also says he is allergic to cats but he lived with them and no reaction..

I've told DS that I'm just rinsing out his cup when really I'm adding water before I put juice in

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont really do this. I do things to make a point though. DP thinks im the one who squeezes the toothpaste from the middle, i dont. So i purposely push all the toothpaste to the top to prove that its him who does it. Little things like that.

To those who mess around with allergies. Be careful, sometimes an allergy is an acquired thing. We had been together 3yrs when DP tried to prove that my allergy to cold was me making it up. He threw me in cold water, sure enough i swelled right up with hives and was really sick and faint for the rest of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I dont really do this. I do things to make a point though. DP thinks im the one who squeezes the toothpaste from the middle, i dont. So i purposely push all the toothpaste to the top to prove that its him who does it. Little things like that.

To those who mess around with allergies. Be careful, sometimes an allergy is an acquired thing. We had been together 3yrs when DP tried to prove that my allergy to cold was me making it up. He threw me in cold water, sure enough i swelled right up with hives and was really sick and faint for the rest of the day.
    Yes please don't mess with allergies.
    When I first met my Dh he didn't think my peanut allergy was serious, that I was just being "Special"
    So he ate a snickers in the car so I wouldn't know about it when he got home from work.
    Hours later we were having a kiss and I had a reaction, I ended up in the back on an ambulance where they thought I was having a cardiac arrest.
    I spent 4 days in hospital.

Dd has an egg allergy.. We have had 1 person try and "Test" it..
    Which landed her in the children's hospital for some time.
    It really frustrates me when people do this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I felt pretty safe that my husband wasn't going to need medical treatment for his supposed snotty nose allergy. Of course i would hope people aren't doing these things when there's any sort if risk there will actually be a real reaction. We all knew DH was making it up because he didn't want 2 more pets!! He has been around cats heaps including my own cat who slept on my bed.
    Last edited by bezzy; 27-11-2012 at 11:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Agreed. If someone 'experimented' on me with my egg allergy, oh boy, I think I'd be placed on assault charges. I would seriously go ape-sh!t.

I remember many years ago (primary school age) I went to a sleepover at a friends house who lived on a goat farm. Her mum was known to 'trick' kids into drinking goats milk by pretending it was cows. Anyway one of the young girls insisted that goats milk made her sick (when she consumed it at their house previously) and refused to drink it. The mum gave us all 'cow milk' for our cereal and low and behold, about 20 mins after breakfast this poor kid threw her guts up everywhere.