+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine assured me he could never eat mushrooms, because even if there was only a tiny bit, he could taste it and it would ruin a meal.

So I diced a whole punnet very very finely. Like.. maybe 1mm cubes. TINY. I figured if he saw them, I'd say it was garlic. Anyway, it was in a lasagne. He never knew. lol. I haven't told him though cos he'll crack it... but I know he's obviously full of crap.

He also hates "homebrand," stuff, but I serve it to him and lie about the brand. He doesn't know the difference... so again, he just thinks he can.

He says he hates lamb and kangaroo as well, and so far that's been true. Whenever I've given him a lamb steak and said it's was beef, he's said it tastes funny and he doesn't like it. I use kangaroo mince sometimes, and he always asks why the beef tastes weird. So at least he's not faking those ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used to have a very large choko vine. My nan told mum that they used to make choko pies. But my younger brother freaked out saying I wont eat a choko pie!

So that night we had an apple pie for dessert. We then told my brother it was actually choko pie after he demolished his second serve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH claims to hate tomato.

He won't eat fresh tomato.

He won't eat cooked tomato.

He won't eat canned tomato.

He won't eat tomato sauce.

He won't eat foods which have come in contact with tomato, and will send his dish back to the kitchen at restaurants if there is tomato in the garnish.

He won't eat foods which use any amount, not matter how minute, of any tomato derivative.

But he just LOVES my 'non-tomato' chilli con carne, which is red "because of the chilli".

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

angelini  (28-11-2012),Bennos Mummy  (27-11-2012),Boobycino  (27-11-2012),BoyCrazy  (27-11-2012),cluckcluck  (27-11-2012),Funchu  (28-11-2012),halloweendee  (28-11-2012),jess1992  (28-11-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (27-11-2012),mousky  (27-11-2012),Rissy84  (27-11-2012),shhhsleeping  (27-11-2012),twotrunks  (27-11-2012),~Marigold~  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    But he just LOVES my 'non-tomato' chilli con carne, which is red "because of the chilli".

lol that's funny!

I'm on the other side, I'm not a fan of vegetables, but if someone can hide them that well in my food that I can't taste them, then I'm usually thankful.

However I have a bad reaction to onion, so I generally avoid it at all costs, which sucks, because I like the taste of it, I've had family members try and hide it in my food, I get a bad reaction to it, and all they can sheepishly say is "I cut it up really fine, I didn't think you'd notice..."

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Mum pulled a good one on my brother when he was younger. She made a steak and kidney pie, cause he would never even consider touching kidney, she told him it was just steak.
    He ate it and then told her after he thought some of the bits of steak may have been off.

I never do them unless I know what i'm doing won't actually harm them. It's my dh, I love him, I wouldn't intentionally hurt him, he had used colgate on the odd occasion before so I knew it wasn't a serious problem.

It's just amazing to see how much power the mind has over the body.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    My ds wont eat roast pork but adores crunchy chicken lol (aka roast pork)

No terrible stunts on my dh but I do play some awesome practical jokes. THE best one was when I smuggled a party popper into bed in the hip of my knickers. There were kids going past our house on the way to the beach and I woke him telling him I heard a noise. He laid still listening intently and I pulled the popper. It lit up the whole bedroom and the look on his face was priceless. He thought that he had been shot or something lol. He literally shat his pants.... rofl! We both laugh hysterically all this time after recalling it (yes there are tears in my eyes just retelling the story )

from a galaxy far far away...
    Omg i'm crying in laughter reading this too. I'm going to do this to dp

My Dp is another "homebrand" crap person. Like peanut butter? Why the hell am I going to pay $10 for a jar of it when I can pay $5... And muesli bars... LOL.. so I just unwrap them and make his lunch box up

Toilet paper over here too.. Ugh! He also won't drink my organic milk? Because its too watery... Yet when he runs out of full cream for his coco pops he will take it! So once I watered down his full cream milk

Keep them rolling I need these ideas.. DP won't eat salad or veggies unless they are fancy "with fetta etc"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

DH claimed to be allergic to cats. I knew it wasn't true because i had a cat the first few years we were together. Two years ago he tried to say I couldn't adopt two kittens from a friend's cat's accidental litter, who she couldn't find homes for. Because of his "allergy" that flares up as soon as there's a cat near. So I secretly went to my friend's house, rubbed the cat all over me and my clothes, then came home. Amazingly, no reaction! We have owned said kittens, now 100% indoor cats, for nearly 2 years.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

angelini  (28-11-2012),Funchu  (28-11-2012),RobinSparkles  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Mum pulled a good one on my brother when he was younger. She made a steak and kidney pie, cause he would never even consider touching kidney, she told him it was just steak.
    He ate it and then told her after he thought some of the bits of steak may have been off.

I never do them unless I know what i'm doing won't actually harm them. It's my dh, I love him, I wouldn't intentionally hurt him, he had used colgate on the odd occasion before so I knew it wasn't a serious problem.

It's just amazing to see how much power the mind has over the body.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

I told DP i wanted him to eat the placenta LOLLLLLL! he wasn't impressed so I told him I was going to mince it and sneak it into a lasagne Or dry it out and say it was beef jerky LMAO.

Thanks
    Reviews

My husband loves tinned tuna.
    He use to buy John west.. I said he should just get home brand, he refused to.

So I use to give him tuna in his lunch but I would put it into a container so he didn't know it was home brand lol.
    He had no idea, I came clean to try and prove my point and his reply was "That must be why I have been feeling a bit sick lately"

So I put together this email, got pictures of the ocean, tuna fish etc and wrote an "Article" about how all tinned tuna is the same because it all comes from the same place.. The ocean.. Just wrote crap to support my own made up theory lol!
    Well I sent it to him telling him I found it on the Internet.. HE BELIEVED IT!!
    He now eats and enjoys home brand because he says "There all from the same ocean, a fish is a fish" lol!!!

I still don't think he knows what Tuna farm is

I've also fill up Paul's milk cartons with home brand.
    My aunty works at Paul's milk factory and gives me all the faulty empty milk bottles (usually have marks on them) so I can fill them up, they have a correct used by date and all, Dh hasn't known the difference in over 3 years.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (28-11-2012),LoveHeart  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Just on the topic of milk, Paul's and Woolworth's milk both come from the same Vat, no difference.. Same with there ice creams