+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    The people I 'tested' said the exact same thing. And nup they couldn't tell. EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON. I've done this too hasn't been able to tell, so I seriously doubt anyone can.

As I said, dh does it all the time and I can tell. I didn't know why coffees that Dad made me tasted better than the ones I made, til he told me that he puts the milk in first... Now the coffees that I make taste better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Well, i LOVE my coffee - you haven't tried me and I can tell you that i know when the water goes in first by the taste and can easily taste the difference!
    OK

(But have had people tell me that too...and no...they haven't noticed the difference...I've actually double tricked them and put the milk in first just the way they liked it and said 'Bet you can't tell the difference' - 'yes I can, this one tastes bitter'..but the jokes on them because I didn't trick them at all ...funny as! But that's cool that you think you'd know the difference...I bet you couldn't if I tested ya, I'm a good actress when I wanna be )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    Oh my goodness. Have you explained to him why this is absolutely outrageous way to make tea!? The whole point of boiling water is to brew the tea. Ahhh!!!
    Yes!!! I have! He just waves his hand in the air and goes "It doesnt make a difference, whats the big deal? I always make it this way and you never notice" Im like are you serious?! I notice every time! Its not a god damn cup of coffee its tea! WATER first! He doesnt drink tea so he doesnt understand and I have no idea how many times Ive had to tell him not to do it. I resort to making my own tea most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Yes!!! I have! He just waves his hand in the air and goes "It doesnt make a difference, whats the big deal? I always make it this way and you never notice" Im like are you serious?! I notice every time! Its not a god damn cup of coffee its tea! WATER first! He doesnt drink tea so he doesnt understand and I have no idea how many times Ive had to tell him not to do it. I resort to making my own tea most of the time.
    My heart really goes out to you. I feel very blessed that my DP is an excellent tea maker.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    The people I 'tested' said the exact same thing. And nup they couldn't tell. EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON. I've done this too hasn't been able to tell, so I seriously doubt anyone can.
    Maybe they didn't want to offend you by telling you that you made a horrible cuppa. I have drunk awful brew at someone's house just to be polite.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

Mezmerised  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, after reading this thread I'm grateful that my DH doesn't seem quite as fussy as I thought after all. My sympathies to those cooking separate and/or boring meals

I can taste the difference if milk is put in my tea before the bag has had a chance to brew properly, and certain brands of chocolate stand out for me, but that's about as far as my powers of detection go! My palate is definitely nothing special

I do think some people (a tiny percentage) can pick out the content of a dish and the quality of the ingredients, but these are people with super-tastebuds and not us ordinary folk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD has pretty good tastebuds... she picked out a tiny amount of parsley (knew it was parsley too!) in her salad dressing the other day. lol.

She does it all the time. But then, the little dork probably developed a taste for them early when she ate all my herb plants (she'd just go hide in the garden and eat them straight off the plant... lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    Maybe they didn't want to offend you by telling you that you made a horrible cuppa. I have drunk awful brew at someone's house just to be polite.

Nope they were family or good friends we were doing it for a laugh so they had no qualms at all in telling me it sucked or that it was great...which ever way I did it. Most of the time I wasn't tricking them at all and made them think I was and they told me it was bitter and gross - it wasn't LOL

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post

Hate when you get a terrible coffee at someones house and have to choke it down. Unfortunately most of my guests have to deal with this because for some reason I just cant make a decent instant coffee. DP will watch me do his 'technique' and mine STILL tastes terrible

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sassymummy View Post
    the little dork probably developed a taste for them early when she ate all my herb plants (she'd just go hide in the garden and eat them straight off the plant... Lol).
    rofl