+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Don't they see the boxes?
    I was wondering the same thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    [text deleted by moderator]

My dad reckons he's lactose intolerant. Yeah BS. He drinks lite milk cos he thinks full cream makes him react (lactose level is the same between full and skim- it's sugar not fat) and yet he will eat ice cream and apple turnovers and cream. Just not proper milk! Annoying...
    I'm lactose intolerant. I still drink milky drinks but I know my limit and how they affect me. If I push it I end up paying for it within the hour. I found lite milk is easier on my stomach. If I have full cream I end up with really bad stomach ache and more on way less. Even using a tiny bit of milk in instant coffee affects me whereas I can have a whole cup of latte coffee if it is lite or fat free.

I can also taste mushroom in pretty much anything. Can't do it. Or asparagus.

I have experimented on DP a few times. But the best was with my brother. He was about 12. If anyone remembers the alcoholic "stingers", they were alcoholic soda with a flavoured test tube that was dropped in the bottle. I filled an empty stinger bottle with lemonade and filled a test tube with berocca and "snuck" him a drink. Shh don't tell mum. He ran off and drank it in 10 seconds flat. Within 10 minutes he was "drunk". I was a cool sister and he thought he was drinking alcohol. My mum was in on the joke and we eventually told him years later.

The power of mind over matter is amazing.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    I love these. When I was a teenager my nan had a dog and I gave a friend dog chocolate, then told her afterwards she went nuts. But I asked a vet and she said its just older chocolate pieces from the factory.
    chocolate is toxic to dogs, dog chocs are carob

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (28-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (27-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (27-11-2012),SassyMummy  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post

I have experimented on DP a few times. But the best was with my brother. He was about 12. If anyone remembers the alcoholic "stingers", they were alcoholic soda with a flavoured test tube that was dropped in the bottle. I filled an empty stinger bottle with lemonade and filled a test tube with berocca and "snuck" him a drink. Shh don't tell mum. He ran off and drank it in 10 seconds flat. Within 10 minutes he was "drunk". I was a cool sister and he thought he was drinking alcohol. My mum was in on the joke and we eventually told him years later.

Hahaha that is gold! I love it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (27-11-2012),halloweendee  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    To those who mess around with allergies. Be careful, sometimes an allergy is an acquired thing. We had been together 3yrs when DP tried to prove that my allergy to cold was me making it up. He threw me in cold water, sure enough i swelled right up with hives and was really sick and faint for the rest of the day.
    The last time a 'friend' experimented on my allergy, I ended up in cardiac arrest at hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I'm lactose intolerant. I still drink milky drinks but I know my limit and how they affect me. If I push it I end up paying for it within the hour. I found lite milk is easier on my stomach. If I have full cream I end up with really bad stomach ache and more on way less. Even using a tiny bit of milk in instant coffee affects me whereas I can have a whole cup of latte coffee if it is lite or fat free.

I can also taste mushroom in pretty much anything. Can't do it. Or asparagus.

Hahaha, love the alcohol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-11-2012),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think messing around with people who have allergies (or claim to) is a bad idea... but people who just like to whinge? Go ahead.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Hahaha, love the alcohol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    He was slurring his words, couldn't walk straight, showing signs of being drunk. But we know the only "alcohol" he drank was what I gave him. Why sneak it when I was giving it to him. He was bragging to a few people that I gave him alcohol too. I know a few heavy drinkers and one in particular drank 2 bottles of wine with such low alcohol content approx 2%, he got obliterated on it. I have seen him drink at least half a carton beer, and half bottle spirits other times, that only got him tipsy.

Dd1 doesn't like wedges but loves chunky chips (potatoes cut into quarters and baked).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    i like to tell my DP I put real sugar in his coffee, where really I put equal.
    Baa Baa

This would tick me off, equal is full of chemicals and I refuse to use it.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

*Need~More~Coffee~Please*  (27-11-2012),ermergerd  (27-11-2012),GreenMama  (27-11-2012),halloweendee  (28-11-2012),HarvestMoon  (27-11-2012),Hootenanny  (27-11-2012),IndigoJ  (27-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (27-11-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (27-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (27-11-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (27-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (27-11-2012),WorkingClassMum  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    chocolate is toxic to dogs, dog chocs are carob
    I have come across some where it is actually real chocolate. They do state not to exceed a certain amount though cause it can be harmful. The majority are carob these days though.