+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Just for fun?

Human nature fascinates me and I quite enjoy testing it out sometimes, nothing sinister, just a bit of fun.

For example: DH adamantly declares that colgate toothpaste gives him ulcers, refuses to use it. One day after finishing our macleans tube I went and bought a tube of colgate and filled the macleans tube with the colgate, just to see if he actually did get ulcers, which he didn't.

He refuses to use quilton toilet paper, will only use sorbent or kleenex, so sometimes I buy quilton and tell him it's sorbent and he will quite happily use it.

The next one is a little mean,

My MIL thinks that anti-depressants are like panadol, and that you take one and you magically start to feel better instantly, until it wears off (now admittedly 40 years ago they were a bit like that) she asked me for one of mine one day cause she was having a bad day, I am not in the habit of sharing prescription pills but thought it might be interesting to try out the placebo effect so I gave her an artificial sweetener tablet (just to clarify she isn't depressed and I have no reason to think she is, if I thought it was depression I would have suggested she go see her GP). 20 minutes later she was flouncing around the room saying how much better she feels.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this sort of thing. So share

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

angelini  (28-11-2012),Boobycino  (27-11-2012),cluckcluck  (27-11-2012),CupidsVictim  (27-11-2012),Funchu  (28-11-2012),halloweendee  (28-11-2012),LoveHeart  (27-11-2012),shhhsleeping  (27-11-2012),smidget3004  (27-11-2012),~ElectricPink~  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

HAHAHHA! I love the toothpaste one!!! Wish I had some of my own to add but I only do it to my kids

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ha ha ha ha that toothpaste one is gold!!! I don't play pranks really but makes me want to try the toilet paper one as I have a fussy toilet paper DP lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol not really the same thing but DF won't eat Parmesan cheese and says he can tell if it's in something, well he obviously can't since I use it a fair bit.

That anti depressant one is hilarious, really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not so much practical things like that, but I do like to challenge the closed-minded things my extended family sometimes say to me. For example, when I am asked by old biddies why I am not married and what's wrong with me, I say something like "oh I just prefer to sleep around" and things like that. The reactions are priceless!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-11-2012),cluckcluck  (27-11-2012),Ellymoe  (27-11-2012),halloweendee  (28-11-2012),mousky  (27-11-2012),Mulva  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    HAHAHHA! I love the toothpaste one!!! Wish I had some of my own to add but I only do it to my kids
    would love to hear what you do to your kids.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Does anyone else 'experiment' on friends and family?

I do similar things to my DH. The first 5 years we were together he was adamant that he hated lamb. Refused to eat it. Roast lamb is my absolute fave so one night I decided to cook it and tell him it was beef... well he demolished it and loved it. So i continued to do that for 5 years before I came clean and he will now eat lamb

I also hide veggies in his foods because he refuses to eat anything other than potato and corn.

I've also refilled a Paul's milk bottle with home brand milk because he was certain he hated home brand milk... he had no idea lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (27-11-2012),cluckcluck  (27-11-2012),jess1992  (28-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (28-11-2012),LoveHeart  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I don't. I understand you're not doing it to be mean, but I think my feelings would be hurt if I knew my family were playing tricks on me for fun so I don't think I could. I can be a bit sensitive with practical jokes though so its probably just me.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (27-11-2012),HowCrazyCool  (27-11-2012),Mahjong  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and dad got me when i was a teenager. I made a huge deal about the fact i would never eat rabbit. A couple nights later we had 'chicken'. It was chicken thigh. JUST as i finished eating, dad reveals it was actually rabbit!! I've not touched chicken thigh ever since!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the antidepressant one was mean! I can't believe she asked you for your prescription medication.
    I would be careful though. My mum gets terrible migraines they result in her going to hospital to be given fluids and anti nausea medication so that she can take the pills to stop the migraine. One of her triggers is cheese. I can't tell you how many times this has happened at a restaurant...
    "does this sauce have cheese in it?"
    "no"
    "can you check? Il have a severe reaction to cheese and end up hospitalised"
    Waiter checks..."oh yeah it does sorry!"