+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Pjs after Caesarian

I agree with the granny panties. I got a stack of cheap ones from Best n Less. They covered the wound and felt like they gave a bit of support.

Try and get moving as soon as you are able to-it will definitely help with your recovery, but don't over do it and push yourself too hard!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Def get a few sizes bigger you don't want anything to rub near the area and you may swell with fluid after. Just be aware that you can't move out if bed for about 24hrs so pack things like waterless toothbrush, face wipes, things like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jordansmumma For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my first c section 4 months ago. For the early days, the hospital gown was all I wore. Even my HUGE undies were troublesome, so I ended up cutting them down through the front so there was nothing near the would at all, and found that any normal pj pants, even in a huge size, seemed to bother the wound area. I ended up going for kmart leggings/ tracksuits pants with the massive wide band at the waist top so they sat on top of the whole area. After that, I continued to wear my pregnancy pants (which also had the huge stretchy band at the top) for about 2 months. All the best

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Best and less granny undies were great, just got 1 size bigger. The wound is quite low so I didn't have any problem with them rubbing.

Pj or gym pants with the soft fold over waist was most comfy along with my target maternity shorts which also have a really soft waist band which can be worn up over your tummy or folded down.

I was in bed for about 12 hrs before I could get up and shower and get dressed. At the hospital I was at they left you naked from the waist down with just a sheet over you, and a singlet until you could get up and about.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleo77 For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordansmumma View Post
    Def get a few sizes bigger you don't want anything to rub near the area and you may swell with fluid after. Just be aware that you can't move out if bed for about 24hrs so pack things like waterless toothbrush, face wipes, things like that.
    I was out of bed in less than 6 hours (4 hours I think?), so this is incorrect. Hospital's prefer to get you up and moving ASAP as it helps with recovery.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I was out of bed in less than 6 hours (4 hours I think?), so this is incorrect. Hospital's prefer to get you up and moving ASAP as it helps with recovery.
    Depends on your situation. I had DS at 8:45am Friday morning and I was not allowed out of bed until Sunday lunch time. This was due to a PPH from my placenta praevia and I needed a Bakri balloon for the first 24 hours after birth and several blood trausfusions so I guess I was an extreme case.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Depends on your situation. I had DS at 8:45am Friday morning and I was not allowed out of bed until Sunday lunch time. This was due to a PPH from my placenta praevia and I needed a Bakri balloon for the first 24 hours after birth and several blood trausfusions so I guess I was an extreme case.
    True. I wasn't allowed out of bed for 5 days.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Honestly, so long as your undies and pants aren't sitting right on your wound or are too tight, it should be fine.

I just wore my regular stuff, but made sure it was worn on the waist rather than the hips (or at least higher than my c-sec scar). It was fine. I never had to go buy new stuff especially for it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I basically only wore yoga pants and maternity/Breastfeeding singlets . The big soft waist bands were perfect. Granny pants that come up around your belly button are a must, an I always put an extra maternity pad in between my undies and wound and it helped give a little bit more protection.

My advise is to take all the drugs they offer for the first couple of days, don't let the painkillers wear off completely as they take a whole to kick back in. Getting in and out of bed the first few times is awful! But it does get better pretty quickly. I found holding a rolled up towel against my wound when I stood up immensely helpful.

Good luck.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lala77 For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Always good to hear what works for others