+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Pregnant after 3 csections and uterine rupture.

So I POAS today after 'feeling' pregnant and being late for my period. And have had 3 faint positives.

i have had 3 csections, and my last csection was due to uterine rupture during vba2c.
    i also have a mirena inserted. (I have fallen pregnant and miscarried with mirena previously)

im terrified and just needed to get it out of my system....

if I AM pregnant..... It's terrifying.

whats the chances of a second rupture?
    and being only 8 months since my last csection/rupture...
    And with the mirena?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pregnant after 3 csections and uterine rupture.

I'm not sure. If you are. I'd be speaking to your Ob/GP to discuss your options. Maybe an earlier c-sec to avoid labour.

I understand if you don't want to discuss it, but could you tell me more about your rupture?
    I had a successful VBA2C and am
    now pregnant again with #4.
    For some reason, I'm actually more nervous/scared this time around of rupture than I was!

MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I'm not sure. If you are. I'd be speaking to your Ob/GP to discuss your options. Maybe an earlier c-sec to avoid labour.

I understand if you don't want to discuss it, but could you tell me more about your rupture?
    I had a successful VBA2C and am
    now pregnant again with #4.
    For some reason, I'm actually more nervous/scared this time around of rupture than I was!
    I had a failed vbac with my first daughter due to a true knot in her cord.. So I was determined to have a vba2c with my 3rd child. I faught extremely hard, it came down to me having to seek legal advice and signing a waiver for the hospital before they would let me labour... (Stupid I know... Was so stressful)

- anyway, I was standing up making it known that vbac is low risk for most women, that uterine rupture was rare... Something like 0.2% of women rupture that includes those who haven't had csections.

anyway I finally went into labour 10 days after my due date, didn't tell the hospital... I laboured for 2 days before I had a monitoring appointment, then admitted me... Scheduled a csection... I stayed firm and said no. Anyway I was labouring fine but they had scared me s much that playing on my mind was the constant fear of rupture. And the on kept saying "your baby is going to die, you will have a dead baby and it will be your fault"

at 5.5cm I got a horrible pain on my csection line that wouldn't stop between contractions. They told me I was fine because mine and babies heart rate was fine,,, I kept saying there was something wrong, cut me open... They wouldn't listen... In the end I worked myself up into such a panic, I grabbed me husband by the collar and screamed "tell them to give me a f csection NOW!"
    he turned around to them and said "my wife has fought for 3 years for women's rights to vbac... She has done everything in her power to AVOID a csection. So if she says something is wrong, if she is yelling at you to give her a csection, GIVE HER A BLOODY CSECTION!"

anyway long story short, it turns out my gut instinct was right, I have a vertical tear up my uterus. So lucky I listened to my body. But just my luck that I was in the minority to have it happen.

i loved trialling labour. And IF it was safe for me to do it, I'd do it again.
    If you have had a successful vbac already, your chances of having another are extremely high
    and chance of rupture isn't as high as if you haven't had a labur.
    ithink it's exciting that you are going for another vbac and wish you all the luck in the world.

as for me, I just POAS again and yep it's positive I need to see a doctor to discuss it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHunidue For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My body made it's own choice.... Started cramping bad this morning and now bleeding... Off to doctors tomorrow

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I've just seen this thread and wanted to say I fell pregnant while on the mirena a few month ago, well I ovulated, conceived and the mirena removed and implantation occurred (the GP failed to ask me if we had had unprotected sex within the last 2 weeks which I later found out they are meant to do!) anyway the pregnancy ended in a m/c as well such a mixed bag of emotions I expect, go gently xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pregnant after 3 csections and uterine rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHunidue View Post
    My body made it's own choice.... Started cramping bad this morning and now bleeding... Off to doctors tomorrow
    Oh so sorry. Thank you for sharing your story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Oh I've just seen this thread and wanted to say I fell pregnant while on the mirena a few month ago, well I ovulated, conceived and the mirena removed and implantation occurred (the GP failed to ask me if we had had unprotected sex within the last 2 weeks which I later found out they are meant to do!) anyway the pregnancy ended in a m/c as well such a mixed bag of emotions I expect, go gently xo
    So sorry for your loss xo I suppose i expected to be relieved or happy about miscarriage this time around... but regardless of circumstances, its still heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Oh so sorry. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Good luck with your VBAC xoxo thankyou for listening.

--------------------

So bleeding only lasted half the day and started moderate and tapered off.. was brownish in colour (sorry TMI) and now its gone... still getting cramps but now i have a feeling (you know deep in my gut feeling) that its not right...
    Either im still pregnant OR its ectopic ?
    Im so confused.
    I have to have blood tests tomorrow and will POAS again also.... time will tell i guess.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHunidue For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and see how you went?? So sorry you are having to go through this, I can understand your fear, I worry about uterine rupture and have had 3 c-sections with little to no complications, no attempted vbac's though.
    My heart goes out to you if your baby is lost also, as that's not nice to endure either. Were you hoping for more? Maybe you need to look at a different type of avoiding pregnancy if you weren't looking to have more kids.
    Hope you're ok

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Steelart For This Useful Post:

MrsHunidue  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for thinking of me. I'm okay ish... Blood tests showed levels were low, too low to be a viable pregnancy. What's meant to be will be. Thank you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    well ladies, im back... its happened again I pushed for my tubes to be tied after the last incident but the doctors refused because im "too young"... ive got light cramping, some brown spotting... i believe this will end in yet another M/C and if it does, then maybe the doctors will listen to me and let me have my tubes tied. Though Im having mixed emotions. I dont want another baby - well i would love one, but i dont want to go through what i went through in the past... its too dangerous, especially now only 2 years (on saturday) after a uterine rupture - so i dont want another pregnancy... but i dont want another miscarriage... arghh... I have friends who are desperately trying to concieve, and not being able to, yet I dont want to fall pregnant, have the IUD and have only DTD with hubby 3 times this year, and wam bam Im pregnant. Its not fair. I wish i could give the pregnancy to my friend or my sister. they will be devastated to hear I am again.