+ Reply to Thread
    Banksia Grove

Default Traumatic Birth Stories

I have just given birth to my third child DD8 months ago. My pregnancy was extremely complicated in the third trimester as developed kidney stones and my body tried to pass them both within a space of 2 weeks. The final decision came to insert a stent which is normally not left in for longer than 2 weeks. Three months later and numerous hospitalisations for the pain and infections my DD had to be induced at 36 weeks. The birth was getting very drawn out and they decided because her heart kept dropping they needed to intervene and use vacuum. She came out after many hours of pushing through my contractions with the vacuum also trying to do its job. She finally came out after what felt like a lifetime and she was not breathing completely blue so she had to be rushed to NICU straight away and be placed on ventilators and CPAP;
    Meanwhile I had to stay in the labour room as my placenta did not want to pass suddenly I started heomorraging so they decided to rush me down to emergency to sedate me and manually remove placenta and then place what the call a balloon in the cervix which is gauze to stop the bleeding. My heart then decided it wanted to stop so they had to give me a shot of adrenalin to bring me back. My life flashed in front of me so I am guessing at that point I was fighting to stay alive for my DD and DS18 and DS3 and my partner. I was unable to sleep or move that night and could not see my DD it is all I wanted to do after such trauma but they said I need to rest and get my strength for her. They proceeded to take the balloon out over the day and by time came to remove she said it will just feel like a papsmear well I couldnt disagree more to which she understood. the gauze got so encrusted with blood it refused to come out and when it did felt like somebody ripping my womb out. She said she was sorry as had never seen one so bad before. Trust me to have it. Finally got down to see my daughter when I was wheeled down to her I held her hand and she looked up at me and I said fight my beautiful strong girl and fight she did. She took 8 days and we finally got her out of there home with us.

8 Months now and going healthy and strong mum is still dealing with the kidney issues and operations.

Please share if you have one.

DS18 DS3 DD8months

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Mine is as bad as yours but I am still not ready to share. I will when I can.